[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson YouTube Channel Celebrates Black History Month 2021

This is pretty good! And she says Red Hot will be released.

It’s so hard in covid times for an entertainer to stay in view

This is great news. I wonder if “by new” Mary is referring to the Clarity tracks?. I certainly hope so. Not such a massive fan of the “Red Hot” album, even if it was recorded in the late 60’s.

Mary Wilson seems to have a positive relationship with Universal. I believe they now have a hand in her website. She states that Mary Wilson [[with Red Hot) will be released along with the Gus Dudgeon tracks and new material, which may be her Clarity tracks or something else. Oh, and both Miss Wilson and Ollie seemed unsure of the time Red Hot was released which is 1979. Plus she probably recorded Dudgeon's dongs in 1979, but they were intended for release in 1980 for her follow up LP. We have heard 2 songs I think that were Clarity recordings Life's Been Good To Me and Darling Mother. Still, Mary has been doing what she can during the pandemic to stay visible somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    Oh, and both Miss Wilson and Ollie seemed unsure of the time Red Hot was released which is 1979.
    That’s what’s so brilliant about this forum. You learn new info all the time.

I'm hoping the other tracks she speaks of are from her time with the Supremes. There's plenty of solo / leads that I'd love to be released: "Send Him to Me", "Son of a Preacher Man", "If You Let Me", etc.

I assume digital only?

This is good news and I can see Mary is excited very much about this.

Great video! So maybe this is a Best of Mary Wilson collection? Hopefully the tracks she did for Atlantic are included. I would love to have those cleaned up as I really do enjoy them.

She mentions "I Hear A Symphony" being released in February. She didn't clarify, but it was the album and not the single that was released this month.

It's great to see Mary on working terms with Universal! Looks as though they have taken control of her website as well? Hopefully this partnership is the start of something SUPREME!

I am looking forward to the release of this album more now then ever. The songs recorded for ‘Clarity’ and any new material are of particular interest. Mary was so much better then the awful songs she was given for the ‘Red Hot album. This is is why i am hoping there is plenty of additional material on offer to commemorate just what a great singer she could be given the right material. If it’s not digital only, a double cd best of package would seem a fitting tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I am looking forward to the release of this album more now then ever. The songs recorded for ‘Clarity’ and any new material are of particular interest. Mary was so much better then the awful songs she was given for the ‘Red Hot album. This is is why i am hoping there is plenty of additional material on offer to commemorate just what a great singer she could be given the right material. If it’s not digital only, a double cd best of package would seem a fitting tribute.
    I am anything but a fan of the Red Hot album, but i do hope for Mary's fans this release finally sees the light of day. It would be a fitting tribute to her fans and of course to Mary's memory. I also hope Universal will proceed with other Supremes related expanded editions.
    Mary's passing has brought home to us just how fragile and unpredictable life can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I am anything but a fan of the Red Hot album, but i do hope for Mary's fans this release finally sees the light of day. It would be a fitting tribute to her fans and of course to Mary's memory. I also hope Universal will proceed with other Supremes related expanded editions.
    Mary's passing has brought home to us just how fragile and unpredictable life can be.
    It may also have spurred some interest beyond the committed fans - so the timing might be right

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It may also have spurred some interest beyond the committed fans - so the timing might be right
    That is probably true. Many artists have a surge in sales after they pass away. It would be advisable to make the product available whilst that additional interest is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    That is probably true. Many artists have a surge in sales after they pass away. It would be advisable to make the product available whilst that additional interest is still there.
    Absolutely. Mary’s sad and sudden passing has generated tremendous media attention. That’s why I’m really hoping for something special. She certainly deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Absolutely. Mary’s sad and sudden passing has generated tremendous media attention. That’s why I’m really hoping for something special. She certainly deserves it.
    Hopefully this much promised release will finally see the light of day. Universal should seize this opportunity to pay tribute to Mary and to give something to her fans, and of course to make a little money for themselves too. It must surely be a win win situation for all parties.