[REMOVE ADS]

2021 Motown Reissues

From the japanese Oldays Records :

_ The Marvelettes Smash Hits Of '62 + The Marvelettes Recorded Live On Stage

https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR7015

At least they're giving us some related CDs - quite prolific too.

As long as they dont sound like they are from vinyl then Im in, but these are from vinyl arent they?

Oldays issue material of this vintage on a public domain basis. They don't have access to masters as the material is not licensed [[and thus, the artists will receive no royalties).

Well, well. An Oldays Brenda Holloway compilation on the way. One to pass on for me though.

BRENDA HOLLOWAY Motown Years Collection 1964-1967 JAPAN MINI LP CD

01. EVERY LITTLE BIT HURTS 
    02. LAND OF A THOUSAND BOYS
    03. I’LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
    04. SAD SONG
    05. WHEN I’M GONE
    06. I’VE BEEN GOOD TO YOU
    07. OPERATOR 
    08. I’LL BE AVAILABLE
    09. YOU CAN CRY ON MY SHOULDER 
    10. HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU MEAN IT
    11. TOGETHER ’TILL THE END OF TIME
    12. HURT A LITTLE EVERYDAY 
    13. WHERE WERE YOU
    14. JUST LOOK WHAT YOU’VE DONE 
    15. STARTING THE HURT ALL OVER AGAIN
    16. YOU’VE MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY 
    17. I’VE GOT TO FIND IT
    18. UNCHAINED MELODY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRENDA-HO...AAAOSwzJBgN9eH

Another Motown Oldays cd has been released. One that never had a cd release yet. I spotted it pictured on the montage of artworks included in the Marvelettes Smash Hits of ‘62 / Recorded live on stage.

And there are quite a few ones on eBay. I’ve just bought mine.

The good news is that Oldays turned its attention to a Workshop Jazz label!

The bad news is that they chose Introducing... PAULA GREER

How I wish we would have had, say, the first Earl Washington or Dave Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    As long as they dont sound like they are from vinyl then Im in, but these are from vinyl arent they?
    I can't speak for these Motown reissues, but I have two other OldDays reissues and both are needle drops [[recordings made from consumer vinyl). One is pretty clean, the other isn't. You're taking your chances with these.

There are 24 Motown related Oldays cds as of yet. Some are must haves, others are must to avoid.

We really need these - because never released elsewhere on cd or official download :

SUPREMES SING ROGERS AND HART [[excellent mono rip of the album)

JR WALKER AND THE ALL STARS SOUL SESSION [[excellent mono rip of the album)

MARTHA AND THE VANDELLAS WATCHOUT [[because of the Live album added as a bonus, unavailable elsewhere)

Also, MARY WELLS THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU gives us as a bonus RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE which is otherwise only available as a download, thus making the Oldays cd the only physical release of this live on cd.

BARRETT STRONG adds his post Motown singles and is a welcome addition to the collection released by Spectrum [[which itself offers us about 10 unreleased tracks)

MEET THE SUPREMES is presented with the alternate 1965 cover.

THE JAZZ SIDE OF MOTOWN collection has its moments and some Workshop Jazz or Chisa tracks not found elsewhere - as well as not Motown related tracks. It’s an enjoyable 2 cds collection.

And INTRODUCING PAULA GREER being the digital debut of the album, it will be worth too
    Last edited by jbpintus; 03-17-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbpintus View Post
    There are 24 Motown related Oldays cds as of yet. Some are must haves, others are must to avoid.

We really need these - because never released elsewhere on cd or official download :

SUPREMES SING ROGERS AND HART [[excellent mono rip of the album)

JR WALKER AND THE ALL STARS SOUL SESSION [[excellent mono rip of the album)

MARTHA AND THE VANDELLAS WATCHOUT [[because of the Live album added as a bonus, unavailable elsewhere)

Also, MARY WELLS THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU gives us as a bonus RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE which is otherwise only available as a download, thus making the Oldays cd the only physical release of this live on cd.

BARRETT STRONG adds his post Motown singles and is a welcome addition to the collection released by Spectrum [[which itself offers us about 10 unreleased tracks)

MEET THE SUPREMES is presented with the alternate 1965 cover.

THE JAZZ SIDE OF MOTOWN collection has its moments and some Workshop Jazz or Chisa tracks not found elsewhere - as well as not Motown related tracks. It’s an enjoyable 2 cds collection.

And INTRODUCING PAULA GREER being the digital debut of the album, it will be worth too
    Rodgers and Hart was reissued on CD by UMG/Motown in 2002 with a load of bonus tracks but only the stereo version, not mono + stereo like later Expanded Edition releases.

Paula Greer - "Introducing Paula" has been available on download for some time - I've had it a while - sounds a little crackly in parts so must be a needle drop but overall ok.

https://www.amazon.com/Barbara-McNai...s=music&sr=1-2

What is it ?
    What is the tracklist ?

This looks quite nice - the tracklist is shown on the photo.

01 You've Got Possibilities
    02 A World Without You
    03 All I Want Is A Little Bit Of Love
    04 Day In - Day Out
    05 Lost
    06 Put On A Happy Face
    07 Smile
    08 The Second Time Around
    09 If I Am Lucky
    10 The Real You
    11 Ain't It A Shame
    12 The Good Times Are Gone