[REMOVE ADS]

Motown,Soul & Rock and Roll coming to TV & DVD-Murray The K: It's What's Happeng Baby

"It's What's Happening Baby" - A Lost All-Star 1965 Musical Celebration Debuts on Public Television Nationwide on March 6, 2021 from 7 - 9pm [[check local listings).

[[Pittsburgh, PA)

TJ Lubinsky announced today that famed New York disc jockey "Murray The K" archives are coming back to tv and a first time-ever collectors edition public television DVD release. In addition to presenting all-star rock and soul concerts at the historic Brooklyn Fox theatre, Murray The K hosted a legendary star-studded special, It's What's Happening Baby which will be seen for the first time in over 55 years on public television stations nationwide, debuting Saturday, March 6 at 7:00 pm Eastern/

Pacific Time, with encore telecasts to follow in most cities.

The long-unseen landmark program is being presented by veteran public television producer TJ Lubinsky, creator of the hugely popular My Music and Ed Sullivan on public tv series of specials. It's What's Happening Baby has been newly-restored from original 2" quad video and unearthed master audio tapes not previously available in the 6-year restoration process it took to bring this special back to tv and on dvd for the first-time.

The program features over a dozen iconic acts singing their greatest hits of all time live and via specially pre-recorded segments including Ray Charles, Dionne Warwick, The Righteous Brothers, The Supremes, Smokey Robinson and The Miracles, Marvin Gaye, Herman's Hermits, The Temptations, Four Tops, Patti LaBelle & The Bluebelles, Chuck Jackson, Little Anthony & The Imperials and more.

Many of the original musical artists will appear in an all-new After Show segment, recalling their fond memories of working with Murray The K, who helped put rock and roll music into the mainstream during his days as one of the most influential radio personalities in New York during the 1950s and 1960s. Joining TJ Lubinsky in new segments are Dionne Warwick, Otis Williams of The Temptations, Mary Wilson of The Supremes, Martha Reeves, Little Anthony Guardine, Gary Lewis, Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits, Chuck Jackson, Ronnie Spector, NY disc jockey's Johnny Holiday [[1010 WINS and Hullabaloo announcer), Bobby Jay [[formerly WCBS-FM and WWRL) and more.

Highlights from It's What's Happening Baby
    Performances Include:

Nowhere To Run - Martha & The Vandellas
    Walk On By - Dionne Warwick
    Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter - Herman's Hermits
    Pride & Joy - Marvin Gaye
    Land Of 1,000 Dances - Cannibal & The Headhunters
    You'll Never Walk Alone - Patti LaBelle & The Bluebelles
    I'm Alright - Little Anthony & The Imperials
    Be My Baby - The Ronettes
    I Don't Want To Cry - Chuck Jackson
    My Guy - Mary Wells
    The Way You Do The Things You Do - The Temptations
    Count Me In - Gary Lewis & The Playboys
    Up On The Roof - The Drifters
    Stop! In The Name Of Love - The Supremes
    You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling - The Righteous Brothers
    I Can't Help Myself - Four Tops
    Ooo Baby Baby - The Miracles
    What'd I Say - Ray Charles

Accompanying the tv-show will be an all new custom licensed/bundled 6-CD set from TJL in partnership with Universal Music, Sony Music, ABKCO and WEA. DVD bonus footage includes selected color segments from Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, The Association, and more. A 3-DVD version features additional performance footage featuring artists from the 1960s.

"As we've done for over 25 years nationally on public television, we're proud to bring back this very diverse and energetic engaging broadcast event - a snapshot into pop, Motown and soul music in 1965 with the one and only - Murray The "K" Kaufman.

Martha & the Vandellas running through the Ford assembly plant is one of the best song videos ever.

Whoa! Wonderful news! Thanks for the update TJL and I'll be marking my calendar to catch It's What's Happening Baby next month on PBS.