[REMOVE ADS]

Book - Tamla Motown Worldwide - An Anthology Of Original LP Releases

Apologies if this has been posted before - looks like a very interesting book from Germany - quite expensive though...

http://www.tamlamotown-worldwide.com/index.html

Some of you will have bought it - is it worth the money?

Bit dear at nearly £50.

I have purchased the book and was not disappointed. It is a hardback and consists of over 300 pages of good quality glossy paper and features full colour photos of the front and rear sleeves of all US releases on the major Motown labels plus selections from Black Forum, Rare Earth and Workshop Jazz as well as album inner bags and a number of non US releases. Each album has the track listing and release dates plus some commentary.

Have spotted some mistakes in the text e.g. states Chris Clark was the first white singer to be signed to the label and have spotted some wrong info on a couple of the UK releases but overall the book is well produced and the photographic work is excellent.

It is expensive but I would say if you can afford it, go for it. The same author is planning to put out a similar book on Motown singles & EPs later in the year.

Thanks for your review, Peter G, and thank you for bringing this book to my attention, mysterysinger. I will check it out!

Sorry Cairo, I should have said every release between 1960-71 [[inclusive).