[REMOVE ADS]

February 1-7 on Sirius Radio - the Motown Channel

This should be interesting. Too bad it isn't a permanent channel on Sirius FM.

https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...th/4314212001/

SoulTown is about half Motown though. I listen all the time in my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    SoulTown is about half Motown though. I listen all the time in my truck.
    It's awesome! Had it in Mrs. NativeNY's truck years ago.

I listen all the time - lots of fairly obscure songs at times - don’t listen to my cds anymore though

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I listen all the time - lots of fairly obscure songs at times - don’t listen to my cds anymore though
    What turned you away from cds? I recall you were quite a cd listener not so long ago -

I am not jobeterob but I can identify. I LOVE listening to my CDs in the car and have them by the hundreds. That is why it distresses me that they are phasing out CD players in cars. [[I will be able to find one I want in a 2021 model later this year or early next, but after that it could be hopeless.) So when my current car came with Sirius XM I fell in love with that, and listen to it often. So even though I have all those CDs, my listening to them has probably dropped considerably in frequency. Needless to say, for the rest of this week at least, I will stick with the Motown channel. The CD that is now in the player will just have to rest comfortably in there for a while.

Channel 49 called soul town is a combination of classic soul and Motown hence the name. It was cool to hear all Motown today. Just got out of the car and they just played “no one gets the prize” by Diana. Great to hear. Honestly, they should just give Motown it’s own channel or rename this one. Universal/Motown should have done this already.

Both yesterday and today on the Motown channel, I got to hear Brenda's "Just Look What You've Done." How was that NOT an absolutely MASSIVE hit?

No CD player in new truck

Lots of CDs but grandchildren around a lot and they want Kids Channel -78

Has the Motown channel by any chance been extended? Today [[Thursday) I twice heard commercials saying that they would be saluting Motown for the entire month, as opposed to just the first week as part of observing Black History Month.

Long version of Loves In Need of Love by Stevie on today