[REMOVE ADS]

Do you think we will ever get Jackson 5/MJ expanded editions?

It was recently announced that The Jacksons' 70's albums The Jacksons, Goin' Places and Destiny are getting expanded re-releases on MP3 this year which makes me wonder, do you think we will ever get expanded releases of The Jackson 5's or MJ's early solo albums from Motown?

I mean there's got to be some awesome early cuts still in the vaults that could go with either Diana Ross Presents or ABC re-releases? I know of some leaked songs that are yet to make an official appearance such as To sir with love, Lavender Blue and Michael's recording of I've gotta be me.

Or have they been mostly wiped out with previous releases of the unreleased material? Even alternate takes/demos or mono versions would be amazing I think.

It just feels so long since we got a dedicated Jackson 5 release with previously unheard music. The last one I can think of was the fantastic Come and Get it: rare pearls collection that came out in 2012.

I doubt it. I don't know if this material was lost in the Universal fire, but even if it's available I don't think there's much public demand for J5 expanded editions. I hope I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I doubt it. I don't know if this material was lost in the Universal fire, but even if it's available I don't think there's much public demand for J5 expanded editions. I hope I'm wrong!
    Motown's tape archive was spared any losses in the Universal fire. The tapes were safely sequestered away from where the blaze occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I personally have no interest in the J5.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Motown's tape archive was spared any losses in the Universal fire. The tapes were safely sequestered away from where the blaze occurred.
    THAT's good news. Hopefully there will be another iteration of a company like Funkytown Grooves who could be interested in J5 expandeds. Best to you!

Maybe an expanded "50th anniversary" edition of the "Got To Be There" album is on the way .