[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Jacksons’ Late-Seventies Disco Albums to Be Expanded

Group’s post-Motown LPs The Jacksons, Goin’ Places, and Destiny will now contain bonus tracks and their concert recording, The Jacksons Live! will be reissued on vinyl

The Jacksons’ late-Seventies albums — recorded between the time they ditched the Jackson 5 moniker and Michael Jackson became solo superstar — will get a reappraisal in February in the form of expanded releases.
    The group’s The Jacksons [[1976), Goin’ Places [[1977), and Destiny [[1978) will arrive digitally on February 12th with the addition of bonus tracks. A double-LP edition of The Jacksons Live! [[1981, recorded on the Triumph tour) will come out on March 25th.
    The Jacksons was the group’s first album for Epic after splitting with Motown, and it was their first without Jermaine, who was married to Motown founder Berry Gordy’s daughter Hazel and opted to stay on that label. His younger brother Randy then stepped into the mix. Despite the switch, the album was a hit, later certified gold, thanks to the hits “Enjoy Yourself” and “Show Me the Way You Go.” One of the album’s deep cuts, “Blue Away,” was Michael Jackson’s first-ever solo songwriting credit. The expanded edition of the album adds 7-inch and 12-inch mixes of the big hits, as well as a Dimitri From Paris re-edit of “Living Together.”

Read More Here:
    The Jacksons' Late-Seventies Albums to Be Expanded - Rolling Stone

I was hoping for some unreleased songs

I’ll pass if it’s just the mixes

Quote Originally Posted by Optimal Saint View Post

You took the words right out of my mouth. Kind of a letdown, personally. Still good to see their legacy upheld.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimal Saint View Post

Same here, Unreleased tracks would be great.

I don't believe there is anything left besides maybe some demos or some work tapes. And it's a good chance Legacy probably deems them unlistenable or they would've surfaced long ago. As for the P.I.R. stuff I would say the same thing. CBS[[as it was at the time) would only give Gamble & Huff a budget to record a certain amount of tracks. Which was a frustration for them and was the reason why those albums weren't stronger. So no luck there either. Would be great though.