[REMOVE ADS]

Cicely Tyson Rest In Peace

What a body blow. And she just released her memoirs this Tuesday.

In the Black-is-beautiful 1970s, she was our North Star. Dignity, skill, uncompromising integrity, glamour and grace in a tiny package. A giant. Thank you, Queen Cicely. Rest in power.

Wow. I was hoping we'd get a break if we survived 2020 but 2021 is off to a worse start than last year. This is too much to process right now.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...297_story.html

The master at work:

Last edited by sansradio; 01-28-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Miss Jane was one of the all-time great classics in TV history. So many people could learn so much from watching that even today.

Another phenomenal woman, as Maya Angelou would say, gone. Still, she lived a full
    productive and iconic life. I remember her in so many settings, tv,film, on screen
    with Richard Pryor and as the wife of Miles Davis...Rest in Power, Cicely, you more
    than earned it...

The godmother of cinema,class,charm,beauty and talent beyond compare,any young woman persuing an acting career should study the works of this legendary lady...r.i.p.

Saw one of her last 2 interviews: Gayle King. To have accomplished sooo much, soooo humble.

I attended the public viewing for Miss Tyson this morning at Harlem's legendary Abyssinian Baptist Church. It was a surreal experience to stand mere feet away from one of my heroes who has now departed--and doubly so since I just so happened to have finished reading her memoir just prior to getting there. She looked absolutely resplendent in purple. The only thing that betrayed her age were her hands. I'm so grateful that I was able to pay my respects in person. Unforgettable.
    Last edited by sansradio; 02-15-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Rare 1971 episode from syndicated series INSIGHT featuring Glynn Turman and Cicely Tyson