[REMOVE ADS]

Movie on the friendship of sam cooke, muhammed ali, malcolm x & jim brown

I really enjoyed this movie directed by Regina King on Amazon Prime

Good to hear; I look forward to a viewing -

Man, I am so proud of Regina and the entire cast. Kingsley Ben-Adir was shattering as Malcolm. Aldis Hodge totally captured Jim Brown’s essence. And Leslie...my God. I actually forgot I wasn’t watching the real Sam at certain points. What a fascinating fantasy glimpse into a transformational moment in the lives of these Black heroes and how they complemented and clashed with one another. Required viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Man, I am so proud of Regina and the entire cast. Kingsley Ben-Adir was shattering as Malcolm. Aldis Hodge totally captured Jim Brown’s essence. And Leslie...my God. I actually forgot I wasn’t watching the real Sam at certain points. What a fascinating fantasy glimpse into a transformational moment in the lives of these Black heroes and how they complemented and clashed with one another. Required viewing.
    Very well stated sansradio. I read that bigger named actors were interested in being in the movie but Regina said that they didn't want to audition. Their egos gave these young men an opportunity. I hope that they all get the awards and recognition that they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Very well stated sansradio. I read that bigger named actors were interested in being in the movie but Regina said that they didn't want to audition. Their egos gave these young men an opportunity. I hope that they all get the awards and recognition that they deserve.
    Yep, Kingsley and Leslie are shoo-ins for Best Supporting Actor [or would that be Best Actor?], as is Regina herself for Best Director. I hadn't heard about the "name" actors who were too grand to audition; we are definitely the richer for it. Kingsley's already scooped up the Gotham Award. This may be heresy, but he nailed Malcolm's m.o. and mannerisms even better than Denzel did, IMO.
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-26-2021 at 09:25 PM.

I also enjoyed the movie One Night In Miami. The actors really captured the sprits of Sam Cooke, Malcolm X, Jim Brown, Muhammed Ali & Regina King makes her mark as a director in her first movie. Recommended!