[REMOVE ADS]

James Purify [[of James & Bobby Purify) dies from COVID-19 complications in Pensacola

PENSACOLA, Fla. — One-half of the duo group, James and Bobby Purify, has passed away to complications to COVID-19.
    James Purify died in Pensacola on Friday.
    James Purify and his brother Bobby were popular in the 1960s for their single, "I'm Your Puppet."

The single reach #5 on the US R&B chart and #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1966.

The single was nominated for a Grammy Award in 1967 for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals. It also was featured on their 1967 album.
    The single ranked #46 on the Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1966.
    Purify leaves behind six children and a host of grandchildren.

two hits in the UK on the Top 40. The reissue of 'I'm Your Puppet' No 12 in 1976 & the follow up 'Morning Glory' also in 1976 peaked at No 27.
    RIP James Purify.
    Morph

According to the information I have seen, Bobby Purify was not James' brother but instead just took the name professionally. I think they were cousins. James' name really WAS Purify but Bobby's was not.

Quote Originally Posted by motownmorph1 View Post
    two hits in the UK on the Top 40. The reissue of 'I'm Your Puppet' No 12 in 1976 & the follow up 'Morning Glory' also in 1976 peaked at No 27.
    RIP James Purify.
    Morph
    It was not a reissue my friend. It was a re-recording from the mid 70's. One of the original duo was missing from this line up.
    It was a great version to be fair. The album wasn't half bad too.