[REMOVE ADS]

Remastered and Remixed. Diana Ross: The Jazz Years

Imagine if the soundtrack for "Lady Sings The Blues", please omit the dramatic interludes, and the "Blue" album were remixed into one extended album. Also, since at Motown 60, Diana Ross' is still in fine form, maybe a jazz album is due. Such as Diana Ross sings Chet Baker!

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Imagine if the soundtrack for "Lady Sings The Blues", please omit the dramatic interludes, and the "Blue" album were remixed into one extended album. Also, since at Motown 60, Diana Ross' is still in fine form, maybe a jazz album is due. Such as Diana Ross sings Chet Baker!
    I agree that a jazz album could work well. Her voice doesn't sound that good on the demos i heard recently, but it would be perfect on some old jazz standards.
    She really needs to play to her strengths rather than chasing one final hit record with a disposable pop ditty.

Bluebrock, I agree, if there is any chance of one more album, I hope Miss Ross plays to her strength, her voice is well suited to the Jazz standards, let's hope that we don't get another 'I love you' disappointment !! Can you enlighten us on the demos you've heard ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I agree that a jazz album could work well. Her voice doesn't sound that good on the demos i heard recently, but it would be perfect on some old jazz standards.
    She really needs to play to her strengths rather than chasing one final hit record with a disposable pop ditty.
    Have you heard new demos other then “Come Together [[Let Love Lead The Way)?.
    Her voice sounded very muddy on this track

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Have you heard new demos other then “Come Together [[Let Love Lead The Way)?.
    Her voice sounded very muddy on this track
    I've heard a few snatches of about six potential songs, and i am decidedly unimpressed with all bar one which is a more laid back r&b type vibe. Think somewhere along the lines of "Don't stop" and "Let somebody know" from the Take Me Higher sessions. As for the rest forget it.
    I am assured these songs are far from the finished article which is a blessed relief.
    To be perfectly honest at this moment in time i would prefer the expanded editions of Force, Take me Higher and Every Day when her vocals were on point.
    I would like one final album if only to exorcise the memory of I love you, but even that would be a redundant project unless the quality of songs and vocals are not substantially improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Bluebrock, I agree, if there is any chance of one more album, I hope Miss Ross plays to her strength, her voice is well suited to the Jazz standards, let's hope that we don't get another 'I love you' disappointment !! Can you enlighten us on the demos you've heard ??
    Just scroll slightly upwards my friend. I hope that answers your question.

Bluebrock. Thanks for your input, I agree that the last 3 albums on EMI UK. [[ return to Motown US) should of been her swansong
    Please keep us updated with any tour information

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I've heard a few snatches of about six potential songs, and i am decidedly unimpressed with all bar one which is a more laid back r&b type vibe. Think somewhere along the lines of "Don't stop" and "Let somebody know" from the Take Me Higher sessions. As for the rest forget it.
    I am assured these songs are far from the finished article which is a blessed relief.
    To be perfectly honest at this moment in time i would prefer the expanded editions of Force, Take me Higher and Every Day when her vocals were on point.
    I would like one final album if only to exorcise the memory of I love you, but even that would be a redundant project unless the quality of songs and vocals are not substantially improved upon.
    That’s disappointing if not incredibly surprising B. The voice heard on the recent “Come Together is not the voice i fell in love with. One could argue that At 76 how could anyone expect it to be, but that’s not really the point.
    Any new material needs to lend itself to where her voice is now in 2021.
    She has proven she still sounds great when singing jazz, [[Motown 60) and slow burn R &B could and should still work. The other option would be to record a dance album using tech wizardry to enhance her vocals.
    I have mixed feelings about a new album. Perhaps we should be left to remember Diana at her best.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Bluebrock. Thanks for your input, I agree that the last 3 albums on EMI UK. [[ return to Motown US) should of been her swansong
    Please keep us updated with any tour information
    UK Tour is cancelled i'm afraid. There should be an official announcement soon.
    No chance of any USA dates anytime soon. She is taking no risks, and that is the sensible course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    That’s disappointing if not incredibly surprising B. The voice heard on the recent “Come Together is not the voice i fell in love with. One could argue that At 76 how could anyone expect it to be, but that’s not really the point.
    Any new material needs to lend itself to where her voice is now in 2021.
    She has proven she still sounds great when singing jazz, [[Motown 60) and slow burn R &B could and should still work. The other option would be to record a dance album using tech wizardry to enhance her vocals.
    I have mixed feelings about a new album. Perhaps we should be left to remember Diana at her best.
    I do not want any new album unless it is going to be a vast improvement on the I love you debacle.

Blue rock
    I totally agree. And with covid 19 and the tour being pushed back to 2022.....
    I am not even sure it will happen and I love me some Ross. But I'll take the expanded editions for now.
    I think this may be all we get.i could hopefully be wrong.