[REMOVE ADS]

An unsung Memphis hero, Chips Moman

Please read my review of the new book on the underrated Chips Moman: https://www.soulexpress.net/chips_moman.htm
    Best regards
    Heikki

Thank you Heikki. I thought that was Pet Clarke on the cover of the book. A name that I associated with Stax music....Aretha, Wilson Picket....but didn't know that much about.
    Thank goodness for 45's and LP's where we could read the writers and producers of songs.
    That has been lost now, with streaming. I very much appreciate your reviews. Thanks again.

Hi drlorne, that indeed is Petula Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by heikki View Post
    Please read my review of the new book on the underrated Chips Moman: https://www.soulexpress.net/chips_moman.htm
    Best regards
    Heikki
    Hi Heikki - great review! Myself and a local friend are BIG Moman fans so this is welcome news. Best to you -

Nice piece, Heikki. I've known of the man for years but knew little about his story.

He wrote lots of great songs, including several that were recorded by BJ Thomas, one of my all-time favorite singers.

Thank you PeaceNHarmony, Ralph and Kenneth.
    I could still add that as late as in 1986 Chips produced one of my favourite albums, Bobby Womack's Womagic, which peaked at # 66 on "Billboard 200" charts.

Best regards
    Heikki