[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Supremes movie

Supremes movie

There is a post on Facebook from Mary Wilson stating she is going to make a movie lifetime on the supremes will it get past Gordy and ross.

Hmm not sure,,, I guess she could but couldn't use the music of the Supremes and could probably change the name of the Cincy and Diana and Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    There is a post on Facebook from Mary Wilson stating she is going to make a movie lifetime on the supremes will it get past Gordy and ross.
    In a word - no!

Mary rarely has an unexpressed thought, as evidenced in so many interviews where she gets all wound up and starts rambling off the cuff. I suspect this Facebook post might have been one of those times. She’s bound to know about the legal blockades which would prevent such a film from being made, and the fact that there would be very little interest among the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Mary rarely has an unexpressed thought, as evidenced in so many interviews where she gets all wound up and starts rambling off the cuff. I suspect this Facebook post might have been one of those times. She’s bound to know about the legal blockades which would prevent such a film from being made, and the fact that there would be very little interest among the general public.
    I am sure that is what happen here. I think the time has come and gone for this. Time to Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Can you explain what the legal blockades are?

ATTENTION! Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch.....

If you read that SINGLE Tweet, yes, it appears that Mary is stating she's turning the Supremes story into a movie.

But!

If you follow the thread of Tweets, what Mary is doing is sending out affirmations and resolutions for 2021.

I'm going to start recording again!
    I'm going to host a TV show!
    I'm going to make a Lifetime movie!

These are goals. It doesn't mean any of them are in the works, or will ever happen.

The lady is just dreaming. Can we give her that?

yes there is it was copied from her Twitter page and reposted on fb

If she can pull it off without legal ramifications I wish her all t best

If she can pull it off without legal ramifications I wish her all t best
    For sure, with Time to Move On for music instead of Baby Love

Mary has something in common with my beloved Aretha - her proclivity of contacting the press to announce events, career moves, etc. that are non-existent, or at least highly unlikely. Nothing really wrong with that, it's what PR is largely based on, but there is certainly little logic in thinking that she has the profile required to get even a Lifetime movie off the ground. That being said, Lifetime is responsible for the all-time casting coup of Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor, so who knows?