[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    The Genius Of Aretha Franklin Release on 19 feb 2021

    http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopi...6883d3c1cd47ee

    This title will be released on February 19, 2021


    All songs are newly remastered.

    Tracklist
    1. I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
    2. Do Right Woman - Do Right Man
    3. Respect
    4. Baby I Love You
    5. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
    6. Chain Of Fools
    7. (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
    8. Ain't No Way
    9. Think
    10. I Say A Little Prayer
    11. Bridge Over Troubled Water
    12. Rock Steady
    13. Day Dreaming
    14. Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
    15. Something He Can Feel

    Name:  51VXh5-OeNL.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  48.6 KB

  2. #2
    Looks like a tie-in to the NatGeo upcoming series -

  3. #3
    Love the photo, although it doesn't match the era they are highlighting.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Love the photo, although it doesn't match the era they are highlighting.
    Second that...She really was the Queen. Had a few contender wannabees but really
    no peer...She had as a kid, still only 15, 16 years old, the chops to wipe the damn floor
    with any and every so-called R&B/Soul singer working today. James Brown, George Clinton and Ray Charles didn't get it wrong....

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Second that...She really was the Queen. Had a few contender wannabees but really
    no peer...She had as a kid, still only 15, 16 years old, the chops to wipe the damn floor
    with any and every so-called R&B/Soul singer working today. James Brown, George Clinton and Ray Charles didn't get it wrong....
    Well put! Only ones close: Miss Pattie & Chaka.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Well put! Only ones close: Miss Pattie & Chaka.
    Ain't that the truth....Even though I'd never claim she ever had the instrument of either
    I've always felt Mavis Staples matches Aretha in terms of the degree of soulfulness in her
    phrasing and tone. That perfect blend of the sacred and profane.They could take you to
    church as easily as the after hours spot....

  7. #7
    What does newly remastered mean? I'm sure I have these songs remastered already...what would I hear differently? I think sometimes these compilations are for new/young fans, not those of us who grew up listening to her in the moment.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Ain't that the truth....Even though I'd never claim she ever had the instrument of either
    I've always felt Mavis Staples matches Aretha in terms of the degree of soulfulness in her
    phrasing and tone. That perfect blend of the sacred and profane.They could take you to
    church as easily as the after hours spot....
    True that!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.