[REMOVE ADS]

The Miracles [[featuring Billy Griffin) | Love Machine 1976

Song puzzled me for years! As a kid, always thought it was Brick was Sylvers or Rose Royce! Not the fellas that sang with Smoke man!!! Anyone know the backstory to the song/selection?!

This wiki is pretty accurate...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_M...Miracles_song)

I don't mind at all admitting that I have never cared for the song. I have frequently found
    myself not especially crazy about some of my favorite artist's biggest hits. Didn't like
    Ohio Players Love Rollercoaster or Marvin Gaye's Got To Give It Up either...

I do like that the Wiki also mentions the other Miracles in the "Love Machine" wiki. It was co-written by Pete Moore. One of my pet peeves is reading over and over that Smokey wrote this song or that song and they hardly ever mention the other Miracles who frequently wrote and produced with him. Another peeve is hearing "Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions"; Curtis never wanted that and they weren't called that back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    This wiki is pretty accurate...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_M...Miracles_song)

I don't mind at all admitting that I have never cared for the song. I have frequently found
    myself not especially crazy about some of my favorite artist's biggest hits....
    And sometimes, it seems, favorite artists also do not like their biggest hits. I read that Sinatra did not like STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT and that Tina Turner did not like WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Song puzzled me for years! As a kid, always thought it was Brick was Sylvers or Rose Royce! Not the fellas that sang with Smoke man!!! Anyone know the backstory to the song/selection?!
    Billy Griffin told me many years ago that the Miracles were trying to launch a female trio and this was to be their theme song. When that didn't happen the Miracles recorded this and the other songs for their City of Angels lp. Suzanne dePasse was neutral to the song saying it was either brilliant or a piece of s***. When released it got off to a slow start and was stalling at the bottom of the Hot 100. Disco clubs took to it and then it started taking off. Few people realize that this was the biggest selling Miracles single of all and is in the Top Ten of the most successful Motown singles of all time.