we know of many songs that were released and [[mostly) were hits for others that were originally intended for the Supremes. and often times the girls did record it but either it was delayed or they recorded after the other artists.

Here are some of those songs

Never Can Say Goodbye - not 100% sure this was absolutely intended for the Sups but Clifton David did write Here Comes the Sunrise for the Sups. the J5 released theirs in March 71, which went to #2. Was it really recorded in June 70?? the Sups recorded their unreleased version in June 71, we believe [[data is missing here). the Sup version is similar to the J5 but a bit more more edge. I think this could have been huge for Jean and the girls. Might have worked as a track on Touch and then it could have maybe been the follow up to Nathan? I'd say it could have gone top 10

This Old Heart of Mine - Isley version recorded in 65 and release Jan 66, going to #12. Sup version is quite faithful [[although recorded in LA so a bit more sterile of sound). Sup version was recorded in April. I think had they not released the Isley version, This Old Heart could have been released following My World and gone top 5, maybe #1.

Do Leave Me This Way - Thelma obviously had a huge hit with this song. So far no DR vocal has been found. had DR recorded this as the f/u to Hangover, it would have gone #1. i think the backing track Thelma used would have still worked for DR although obviously DR wouldn't have quite the gospel sound.