[REMOVE ADS]

Tracey chapman wins lawsuit against nicki minaj

Give credit where credit is due. Attribution. Acknowledge creativity, originality. These qualities are solely missing, Imo, across the board of late. Think: Robin [[fake Marvin) Thicke; Ed Sheeran, Vanilla Ice, etc., etc.

Though I am very happy for Tracey with this decision I still wish she could find her way back into a studio to record some new music either as a leader or a guest of some other
    artist while she's still able to sing and/or play guitar...She was such a bright light and
    needed change from the status quo when she first came on the scene like Sade was also.
    We're losing these kinds of women in the current R&B/pop markets. And don't try to feed
    me that crap about Tracey being a folk singer. She allowed that mislabeling of her music
    but Tracey sang a fusion of styles rooted in the blues. It would nice to see and hear more
    women who can stand up and flat-footedly sing out a tune without tossing videos loaded
    with heaps of twerking and N-words. Every few years or so somebody good shows up,
    like say Corrine Bailey Rae and later Alice Smith but we largely ignore them and over-hype:
    ___________ [[insert your choice here).Anyway, I can easily hear Tracey singing with a
    variety of singers in different settings, unfortunately those would be with jazz and blues
    artists. She did sing with B B King live before he passed. Why couldn't she work with
    Taj Mahal, Keb Mo, Gregory Porter, Jose James, hell, even George Benson?....Rant over.....LOL.....

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Though I am very happy for Tracey with this decision I still wish she could find her way back into a studio to record some new music either as a leader or a guest of some other
    artist while she's still able to sing and/or play guitar...She was such a bright light and
    needed change from the status quo when she first came on the scene like Sade was also.
    We're losing these kinds of women in the current R&B/pop markets. And don't try to feed
    me that crap about Tracey being a folk singer. She allowed that mislabeling of her music
    but Tracey sang a fusion of styles rooted in the blues. It would nice to see and hear more
    women who can stand up and flat-footedly sing out a tune without tossing videos loaded
    with heaps of twerking and N-words. Every few years or so somebody good shows up,
    like say Corrine Bailey Rae and later Alice Smith but we largely ignore them and over-hype:
    ___________ [[insert your choice here).Anyway, I can easily hear Tracey singing with a
    variety of singers in different settings, unfortunately those would be with jazz and blues
    artists. She did sing with B B King live before he passed. Why couldn't she work with
    Taj Mahal, Keb Mo, Gregory Porter, Jose James, hell, even George Benson?....Rant over.....LOL.....
    Well said. And a collab w/Benson & Porter I can get with too.