[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Brings a new meaning to the word falsetto lol.
    This thread has renewed my interest in “Guilty” which i have not listened to in many a year. It certainly contains some of BG best songs ever.
    I love Olivia’s version of “Carried Away”. It seems strange he never recorded a complete album with her considering their friendship.
    I hear what you say Ollie, but there was some friction resulting from the relationship between Olivia and Andy. I am assurred all is good between them now as Olivia bravely continues the fight against the dreaded C. God Bless her.

Listened to Guilty last night and found it still one of my favorite albums.
    Just a pop gem. Classic.
    I think Ross EA album is more soulful mostly. I think a few mixs may have helped.

I found the bee gees in the mid 70s with albums like Main Course and we are the Children albums.
    Loved both.
    In the 90s....they released a couple great albums as well....size doesn't matter...love it.
    I think Andy's album Shadow Dancing was really good n pop orientated.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    It's everywhere if you're looking for it.
    Yeah, if you're looking for it, but your comment said that it [[along with hiphop) is eclipsing all other types of music. I disagree with that statement. R&B is almost dead where popular music is concerned. One must do as you suggested and look for it in order to really find any that is being produced today.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I found the bee gees in the mid 70s with albums like Main Course and we are the Children albums.
    Loved both.
    In the 90s....they released a couple great albums as well....size doesn't matter...love it.
    I think Andy's album Shadow Dancing was really good n pop orientated.
    The Bee Gees released some quality albums in the 90's. Their body of work stands up alongside any of the other all time greats.
    Thank you telling me how well Barry's solo album is doing. He will be delighted. He is already working on vol 2.
    A wonderful talent, and a lovely guy too.
    No one deserves it more.

I loved Main Course--I had it as a kid. Nights on Broadway and Fanny Be Tender With my Love were on it

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    I loved Main Course--I had it as a kid. Nights on Broadway and Fanny Be Tender With my Love were on it
    That pair of classics still sound great today Bobby.

I agree. That album got overshadowed by Saturday Night Fever but I much preferred Main Course. People don't seem to remember Fanny but it was a big hit.

Agree.main course is a great album.
    Love both Nights on Broadway And Fanny.
    Some other great songs.
    Love the bee gees.
    Got life in a tin can for christmas.been hooked ever since.
    Congrats to Barry on Greenfields

I like threads like this that evolve and change subjects as the conversation progresses.

I absolutely love the Bee Gees “main course” album. Aside from some of the early singles which of course are all excellent, this was my first real exposure to The Bee Gees as a group. I still remember being blown away when I heard this album for the first time. I think to this album was really a test balloon for what became “Saturday night fever“, as it was really the first Bee Gees album that was dance or disco oriented. It started their career in the amazing direction it took just a year or so later. And yes, the album did kind of get overshadowed of course by “Saturday night fever“, but I guess that had to be expected.

i’ve never heard any of their 90s albums but it sounds like they’re definitely worth checking out.

I like "evolving threads" too but was afraid people had had enough of me and my Labelle nonsense. I have ruined this forum.

I like "evolving threads" too but was afraid people had had enough of me and my Labelle nonsense. I have ruined this forum.
    It wasn't nonsense Bobby. Why not start a new thread in the main forum? A few Labelle fans who are not Diana Ross fans may have missed your posts in this particular thread.

We're guilty of ruining the "Guilty" thread !!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 01-25-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    We're guilty of ruining the "Guilty" thread !!
    I hope you can live with yourselves.

Pardon my idiocy, but do you mean The Soulful Detroit forum, or the Motown forum?

Pardon my idiocy, but do you mean The Soulful Detroit forum, or the Motown forum?
    The Soulful Detroit forum. That is where all the non-Motown subjects are posted.

Okay--thank you

i would love to hear Barry Gibs Eaten Alive demos

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    i would love to hear Barry Gibs Eaten Alive demos

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I hear what you say Ollie, but there was some friction resulting from the relationship between Olivia and Andy. I am assurred all is good between them now as Olivia bravely continues the fight against the dreaded C. God Bless her.
    Thinking about it now, “Carried Away” would have been a great fit for Diana’s voice and the perfect follow up to “Chain Reaction”.
    I wish she had recorded “Our Love [[Don’t Throw It All Away) as well. Perhaps in place of “Don’t Give Up On Each Other” which I find a little overwrought.
    Streisand did a serviceable version of the song, but I think Diana could have done it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Thinking about it now, “Carried Away” would have been a great fit for Diana’s voice and the perfect follow up to “Chain Reaction”.
    I wish she had recorded “Our Love [[Don’t Throw It All Away) as well. Perhaps in place of “Don’t Give Up On Each Other” which I find a little overwrought.
    Streisand did a serviceable version of the song, but I think Diana could have done it better.
    I love Barbra's version of Our Love, but i agree Diana could have done a great job too. I am not aware of it ever being offered to Diana for the Eaten Alive album. I do believe Barry regarded Barbra's version as a tribute to Andy's talent. Andy was a huge fan of Barbra, as indeed were all the Gibb brothers.

Couple of gems on dionne warwick album Heartbreaker....one called Yours I would have loved if Diana had recorded it

Couple of gems on dionne warwick album Heartbreaker....one called Yours I would have loved if Diana had recorded it
    Another strong track from a very strong album. Dionne's biggest ever album Internationally.

Indeed a gorgeous song. Dionne's reading of 'I could live my life forever ...' is a masterclass.