[REMOVE ADS]

Book reviewer tackles books on aretha, marvin gaye, tina turner, whitney, luther, etc

Her style is unorthodox. Her reviews are detailed, ghetto and in my opinion hilarious. She's reviewed books on Rick James, Jan Gaye, Morris Day, Tina Turner, Luther Vandross & others. Here's a clip of her reviewing Aretha's RESPECT. She's not for everyone but again, I was entertained by her

What a great find! The lady sure knows what she is talking about, that's for sure. I'm a book lover and it's always interesting to see what others think about books I've also read. I am IN on being 'privy to the shenanigans'! Thanks for a great start to the weekend and a reprieve from the recent news. 'Expound, child! EXPOUND!'

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    What a great find! The lady sure knows what she is talking about, that's for sure. I'm a book lover and it's always interesting to see what others think about books I've also read. I am IN on being 'privy to the shenanigans'! Thanks for a great start to the weekend and a reprieve from the recent news. 'Expound, child! EXPOUND!'
    So glad that you like it. A friend of mine who's an avid book reader hates her style but I had several outbursts of laughter listening to her. I'm currently listening to her review of Jan Gaye's book and it's a hoot. Jan had affairs with Frankie Beverly, Rick James and Teddy Pendergrass.
    Last edited by glencro; 01-11-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    So glad that you like it. A friend of mine who's an avid book reader hates her style but I had several outbursts of laughter listening to her. I'm currently listening to her review of Jan Gaye's book and it's a hoot. Jan had affairs with Frankie Beverly, Rick James and Teddy Pendergrass.
    I LOVE her presentation. Funny as a mo fo' and the interesting thing is that Nay Rob really gets to the point of 'the shenanigans' and has lots of very sophisticated ideas/opinions which should not be overlooked just because of her style. Her takes on life-choices by Tina Turner and Whitney Houston are truly enlightening [[and, I believe, most likely correct). And she encapsulates Aretha as good as [[if not better than) any other more 'intellectual' commentator so far.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I LOVE her presentation. Funny as a mo fo' and the interesting thing is that Nay Rob really gets to the point of 'the shenanigans' and has lots of very sophisticated ideas/opinions which should not be overlooked just because of her style. Her takes on life-choices by Tina Turner and Whitney Houston are truly enlightening [[and, I believe, most likely correct). And she encapsulates Aretha as good as [[if not better than) any other more 'intellectual' commentator so far.
    You're so right. She definitely tells it like it is in her own funny and brutally honest way.