[REMOVE ADS]

Silent Voices [[Acapella

Thanks to

Joćo Pedro Carneiro

Yes, thank you for posting this. It appears that the technique in which Joćo Pedro Carneiro was able to isolate the voices from the instrumental track caused Jean's voice to sound as if it was doubled. I don't detect that doubling on the actual cut from the album. So again, thanks to Joao and technology for what he was able to achieve.

Yeah, that doubling sound is apparently an effect of the isolating technique, as opposed to this being the actual case of recording. I appreciate the effort, as this is one of my favs from the JW album, but the doubling effect is a turn off. Interesting video though.

Is there any else who recognizes the irony in the fact that this clip allows you to hear the 8+ voices singing behind Jean on..."Silent Voices"?

Thanks for sharing this. Still neat to hear this.

Whether you like Jimmy's songwriting or not, you have to admit he is second to nobody in terms of getting the best out of the singers he works with. Listen to the 5th Dimension's album Earthbound if you doubt this is true. Love the vocals on Silent voices even though most aren't even the Supremes
    Last edited by BobbyC; 01-09-2021 at 01:08 PM.

I prefer this to the album cut. I can't listen to the album cut because it is just so much noise. At least here, it's just voices. It's too bad he forced Jean so high. I thought I did hear Mary once or twice. It really is just a screaming match with the background singers.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Is there any else who recognizes the irony in the fact that this clip allows you to hear the 8+ voices singing behind Jean on..."Silent Voices"?

Thanks for sharing this. Still neat to hear this.
    completely agree - this massive, overwhelming and sometimes oppressive wall of sound, yet they're singing about these magical, mystifying and moving silent voices

i do think this song had huge potential. jean's lead is lovely on this and it's a beautiful song

image if just MJL had recorded this with thoughtful, sensitive vocals. just the 3 of them and a subtle lovely backing track. could have been amazing

I am sorry I still just don't like it at all. Jean is a great singer, I know Mary's voice and she is not in in there. I am not sure about Lynda.