[REMOVE ADS]

Swept Away Expanded CD mistakes

There i was all excited to see a Swept Away expanded set in my local 2nd hand record store got home excited to hear "Fight For it' & "Touch By Touch" extended mixes [[a track ive always loved)..then disaster !!..the sequencing of the tracks is all messed up on disc two.. how did funky town grooves ever let such a shoddy finished product be put out there ? have they done a secound batch and fixed all the mistakes ?

How many mistakes were there? I bought the cd when it was first released. I do see some discrepancies in timings on a couple of the TOUCH MY TOUCH selections but everything seemed to be where it is labeled to be.

Hi Reese my copy dosent play "Fight For It" and seems to have timing mistakes on most tracks from memory I only listened once i was so disapointed... back in the day labels would make an "test pressing" of scheduled releases as they once did acetate vinyl pressing to test the finished product i doubt its done these days

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Hi Reese my copy dosent play "Fight For It" and seems to have timing mistakes on most tracks from memory I only listened once i was so disapointed... back in the day labels would make an "test pressing" of scheduled releases as they once did acetate vinyl pressing to test the finished product i doubt its done these days
    I only noticed two mistakes on my copy—the single mix and LP mix of Missing You are swapped as well as the Touch By Touch confusion. Fight For It plays perfectly on my CD...

interesting JohnnyB thanks for the reply..my second disc plays about 3 secs of "Fight For It" then cuts out..this would suggests theres been two pressings of the album but still hasnt been mastered properly

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    interesting JohnnyB thanks for the reply..my second disc plays about 3 secs of "Fight For It" then cuts out..this would suggests theres been two pressings of the album but still hasnt been mastered properly
    The items on my copies as the same as Johnny B described, with FIGHT FOR IT playing fine. Aside from the mistaken timings / versions, it sounds like you just have a defective copy.

nomis, does your CD have a scratch on it? I've gotten used cd's before and found that a track doesn't play or starts to skip because of a scratch. Now I always check the cd before I buy it.

hi Thommg - no scratch it plays about 4 secs of "Fight For It' then the whole cd finishes

I have this CD since it was first released. No problem with my “Fight for It”.

I've been looking for threads like these. I recently bought the original Diana Ross album from Barnes and Noble and the track list was wrong. I ordered another one, and it's still wrong, but it's only off by one song. The last one was like you hit random on your cd player. There are supposedly issues with the Silk Electric reissued album, also.

[QUOTE=JLoveLamar;626420]I've been looking for threads like these. I recently bought the original Diana Ross album from Barnes and Noble and the track list was wrong. I ordered another one, and it's still wrong, but it's only off by one song. The last one was like you hit random on your cd player. There are supposedly issues with the Silk Electric reissued album, also.[/QUOTE

Ive just read the reviews on Amazon for "Silk Electric" expanded and some customers complain of noise thru "Muscles"..this cd is on my list to buy..