[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can this be true? Darlene Love gets a Top 20 hit on Hot 100

I feel like my eyes are deceiving me but it appears that Darlene Love finally hits the Hot 100 again with "Christmas" and I believe it makes it the first time she hits the top 20 in her own name. Congratulations Darlene, well deserved!!!

Excerpt from the Billboard article by Heran Mamo:

Darlene Love's classic carol "Christmas [[Baby Please Come Home)" finds a new home on the Billboard Hot 100 this week [[dated Jan. 2) at No. 19.
    Not only is this the song's first time in the Hot 100 top 20, but it's also Love's first time reaching this tier since "Wait 'Til My Bobby Gets Home" hit No. 26 back in 1963.
    Last holiday season, she told Billboard that her favorite covers of "Christmas" are Mariah Carey's because "hers is so much like the original...with her great voice," and U2's, "because it DOESN'T sound like 'Christmas [[Baby)', and they had me do all three background vocals on it.

Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...e-home-lyrics/
    Last edited by Luciano; 01-01-2021 at 10:49 PM.