[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,189
    Rep Power
    406

    Adolfo "Shabba Doo" Quiñones, Breakdancing Pioneer and Actor, Dies at 65


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    23,954
    Rep Power
    389
    Of course, 2020 is now working overtime to make sure we never look back and think that it wasn't as bad as we thought. Rest in dance, Brother. It's so hard on families when death is sudden and comes on the cusp of recovery.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,850
    Rep Power
    198
    I vaguely remember someone saying Shabba Doo taught Michael Jackson how to moon
    walk but truth to be told it dates back to tap dance...Anyway RIP, Shabba...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,189
    Rep Power
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I vaguely remember someone saying Shabba Doo taught Michael Jackson how to moon
    walk but truth to be told it dates back to tap dance...Anyway RIP, Shabba...
    Either it was Shabba Doo or Jeffrey Daniel...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    23,954
    Rep Power
    389
    I think it was Jeffrey Daniel, who was known for doing it on Soul Train well before Michael invented it. But Shabba Doo and Daniel were both in the Soul Train Gang although I don't know if they were there at the same time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,148
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I think it was Jeffrey Daniel, who was known for doing it on Soul Train well before Michael invented it. But Shabba Doo and Daniel were both in the Soul Train Gang although I don't know if they were there at the same time.
    You nailed it, Jer. Jeffrey Daniel was living overseas at the time [[France, I believe), years ago, and in the interview he confirmed he "taught " MJ the moonwalk. And it did indeed predate he & Mike. Mike just made it his own!! As he did with JB, Jackie Wilson & add perhaps Fred Astaire - who marveled at MJ's signature footwork.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,148
    Rep Power
    58
    Lurv'd & still do Ain't No Stopping Us from Breakin!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,148
    Rep Power
    58
    Wasn't Rerun a pop-locker before What's Happening? He did some on the show.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,189
    Rep Power
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Wasn't Rerun a pop-locker before What's Happening? He did some on the show.
    Absolutely. He was an early Soul Train dancer and an original Locker before he got his big break.Did anybody ever catch his [[Rerun’s) blink-and-you’ll-miss-it cameo in WATTSTAX?
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-01-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.