[REMOVE ADS]

Adolfo "Shabba Doo" Quiñones, Breakdancing Pioneer and Actor, Dies at 65

Of course, 2020 is now working overtime to make sure we never look back and think that it wasn't as bad as we thought. Rest in dance, Brother. It's so hard on families when death is sudden and comes on the cusp of recovery.

I vaguely remember someone saying Shabba Doo taught Michael Jackson how to moon
    walk but truth to be told it dates back to tap dance...Anyway RIP, Shabba...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I vaguely remember someone saying Shabba Doo taught Michael Jackson how to moon
    walk but truth to be told it dates back to tap dance...Anyway RIP, Shabba...
    Either it was Shabba Doo or Jeffrey Daniel...

I think it was Jeffrey Daniel, who was known for doing it on Soul Train well before Michael invented it. But Shabba Doo and Daniel were both in the Soul Train Gang although I don't know if they were there at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I think it was Jeffrey Daniel, who was known for doing it on Soul Train well before Michael invented it. But Shabba Doo and Daniel were both in the Soul Train Gang although I don't know if they were there at the same time.
    You nailed it, Jer. Jeffrey Daniel was living overseas at the time [[France, I believe), years ago, and in the interview he confirmed he "taught " MJ the moonwalk. And it did indeed predate he & Mike. Mike just made it his own!! As he did with JB, Jackie Wilson & add perhaps Fred Astaire - who marveled at MJ's signature footwork.

Lurv'd & still do Ain't No Stopping Us from Breakin!

Wasn't Rerun a pop-locker before What's Happening? He did some on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Wasn't Rerun a pop-locker before What's Happening? He did some on the show.
    Absolutely. He was an early Soul Train dancer and an original Locker before he got his big break.Did anybody ever catch his [[Rerun’s) blink-and-you’ll-miss-it cameo in WATTSTAX?
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-01-2021 at 08:05 AM.