[REMOVE ADS]

Chairman of the Board - Finder's Keeper's Soul Train 1973

Loved this 45.

Great; thanks for sharing blackguy69. I remember seeing this on Soul Train back in '73. IMHO, "Finders Keepers" was the last great single by Chairmen Of The Board.

In the U.K., this single was released in stereo. Was it the same in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
    In the U.K., this single was released in stereo. Was it the same in the USA?
    Yes; "Finders Keepers" was also released in stereo in the US. And this is the first single from Invictus to be distributed by CBS Records [[they had been previously distributed by Capitol Records).
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 12-30-2020 at 11:09 AM.

It's too bad SDF is not visited by the bunch of Funkaholics we used to have...It'd be interesting to learn how two band members of Parliament/Funkadelic were able to
    "cross the hall" and play AND tour with Chairmen Of The Board. I know Bernie Worrell consistently got around off of George Clinton's Mothership from his early work with Maxine Brown to later with Bill Laswell and David Byrne....

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Yes; "Finders Keepers" was also released in stereo in the US. And this is the first single from Invictus to be distributed by CBS Records [[they had been previously distributed by Capitol Records).
    Many thanks.

I have a Castle Communications CD, “The Best Of Chairmen Of The Board”, which sounds as though it’s made from 25th generation copies of masters, and which runs slightly fast all the way through.

Some of the tracks aren’t the standard mixes, either, including “Finders Keepers”, which is in mono and sounds like a dedicated mono mix. Since the U.K. didn’t always release the dedicated mono single mixes of CoB singles, I’d wondered whether or not “Finders Keepers” was another example of this, but you’ve now confirmed that it wasn’t. Instead, it seems that the CD has a unique and previously unreleased mix.

Also on this CD, “Everybody Party All Night” has General Johnson singing something like “Let’s get into something all night” instead of the song title. Great track either way.

I just wish that the mastering of this CD was better. [[Sigh.)

FYI, “Finders Keepers” was released in the U.K. via the existing EMI distribution deal, but the subsequently released “Everybody Party All Night Long” was pressed and distributed by CBS [[US Columbia) and didn’t really sell, probably because it was too big a musical change for mainstream U.K. tastes and it didn’t get any push from CBS.

Hopeful New Year.