[REMOVE ADS]

Super Upgraded Recharged Year for Diana 2.0 2021- what songs should come and go?

With a new year and possible vaccines for COVID-19, if venues reopen what songs do you want the The Boss to sing? Any you want to eliminate:

Keep [[as well as want):

Supremes:

Stop
    Baby Love
    Tears of Sorrow [[the first known Diana Ross song ever! Please use Lupine Primettes arrangement while Diana can retain her 76-year-old musical style)
    In And Out of Love
    Anything from an all Andantes backing album, especially the earlier ones.
    My favorite things

Eliminate:
    Back in my arms again [[ ya can't do this song without flo, because if she was alive she would make a gesture with mary)
    Love Child

Solo csreer

Upisde down
    chain reaction
    ANMHE
    Do you know where you're going to
    Reach out and touch [[if everyone's vaccinated. In fact like the broadway version of motown the musical, she can ask a lucky guy to sing upstage)
    Missing you [[with pictures of marvin, mj, and florence!)
    If We Hold On Together

Delete:

I'm coming out. Let's give Miss Ross a different entrance and catch the fans off-guard.

Of course, that's my Return to Lo-I mean Return to Concerts wish list, sorry if I have unpopular choices.

What's your wish list?

Please shelve IWS.

Quote Originally Posted by IMissFlo93 View Post
    Eliminate:
    Back in my arms again [[ ya can't do this song without flo, because if she was alive she would make a gesture with mary)
    The last time Diana sang Back In My Arms Again was over 20 years ago, during the Return To Love tour. I haven't heard her sing it since then. Mary still sings it in her shows.

I agree with dumping I Will Survive. Lol.

"At first I was afraid, I was petrified!...Do you know this song?!"

When I saw Diana Ross in 2014, she opened with 'I'm Coming Out', but when I first saw her in 2004, she opened with 'Take Me Higher', which definitely caught me off guard in a good way. 'Chain Reaction' or 'Swept Away' would be good openers too. That said, I did enjoy hearing her sing 'I'm Coming Out' since it wasn't in her 2004 set.

And not that I don't love it, but I'd rather her sing other songs but I wouldn't miss the LSTB medley.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    When I saw Diana Ross in 2014, she opened with 'I'm Coming Out', but when I first saw her in 2004, she opened with 'Take Me Higher', which definitely caught me off guard in a good way. 'Chain Reaction' or 'Swept Away' would be good openers too. That said, I did enjoy hearing her sing 'I'm Coming Out' since it wasn't in her 2004 set.
    Yes, she's been opening with I'm Coming Out again since 2007, with the exception of her 2010 tour, where she mostly opened with The Boss, except for a couple of dates. She also opened with Chain Reaction for a few dates in the last 10 years [[one of them was on the Tom Joyner Cruise), but it's mostly been I'm Coming Out.

At this point, her setlist has been pretty well set in stone for a long time. I think she feels it works best with much of the concert-attending general public, who come to see her. It also makes it easier on her and her band, to not have to go through the effort of rehearsing and re-learning songs that she hasn't sung in years. It's nice she still throws in some surprises now and then I saw her in Ottawa in 2018 with an orchestra and she did many unusual numbers that she clearly wanted to perform because of the added orchestra... It's My Turn, He Lives In You, Home and If We Hold On Together. Here's hoping for more shows and more surprises soon

I like to hear.
    Tenderness/ give up
    Chain reaction
    If your not gonna love me right
    Touch me in the morning
    Getting ready for love
    One love in my lifetime
    he lives in you
    It's my turn
    Remember me
    I hear a symphony
    Love is here
    Come see about me
    Reflections
    Take me higher
    Upside down
    Missing you
    Not over you yet
    Sugar free
    Love will conguer all.
    Carry on

I'd add more Supremes songs that she doesn't usually do, like LOVE IS HERE AND NOW YOU'RE GONE and SOMEDAY WE'LL BE TOGETHER.

I would put REMEMBER ME back in the set list.

I would put different LADY songs in the set. For a while, she has been concentrating on DON'T EXPLAIN. I would definitely bring MY MAN back as well as one of the uptempo songs.

I can't remember if she did it when I saw her last year but I would drop MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY. I like the song and she sings it well. It was a nice addition when she was promoting the I LOVE YOU cd but now it is just taking up space that could go to one of her own songs.

All good suggestions, but ... I really doubt that Diana [[or much of anyone else ...) will be touring in 2021. Let's all hope I'm wrong, and Happy New Year to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    All good suggestions, but ... I really doubt that Diana [[or much of anyone else ...) will be touring in 2021. Let's all hope I'm wrong, and Happy New Year to everyone!
    I would say it is all but 99% certain that Ms Ross will not be touring in 2021. It is way too risky. She is in good rather than great health and will not jeapordise that by putting herself in any further danger. It is sad for the fans, but ultimately the sensible option for her.
    Happy New Year indeed! The sooner this year takes it's leave the better.

I agree with my friend Bluebrock. Touring inst an option until 2022 IMO.

I love the Hollywood Bowl but theres no way Im gonna be comfortable sitting crammed into the Bowl with 18,000 other people. And even if social distancing is in place. How could venues make sure everyone is sitting with six feet of space all around them. Im gonna wait until 2022 before I venture out into big crowds. Happy New Year everyone. 2021 has got to be better than 2020. God bless each and every one of you.

Fondly,

Roberta

With Peter frampton..neil diamond...bob Seger....barry manilow and a few other s announcing retirements I wonder how many artists will return from this.
    I believe Ross is 76 now about to turn 77 in March.......if she doesn't tour until 2022.she will be 78.
    Perhaps. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    With Peter frampton..neil diamond...bob Seger....barry manilow and a few other s announcing retirements I wonder how many artists will return from this.
    I believe Ross is 76 now about to turn 77 in March.......if she doesn't tour until 2022.she will be 78.
    Perhaps. Fingers crossed
    I don't think Ms Ross will ever totally retire, but she is likely to limit herself to occasional performances when it is safe to do so. She would love to fulfill her obligation to do the UK tour but it is a definite no no for the moment.

I don't think she will retire either.
    Sending well wishes her way.