[REMOVE ADS]

Syreeta - I'm Going Left Soul Train 1974

Wow! Thanks for posing this clip Blackguy69. One of my favorite cuts from Syreeta's Classic 2nd LP.

PS: "I'm Goin' Left" should've been a big hit!

To coin a Stevie Wonder song title, Isn't She Lovely AND talented.

I wonder if there are any unreleased songs, from her time recording with Stevie, in the vault? I do hope so given her great talent.

I’m still wondering if this was one of the songs that was supposed to go to the Supremes

I love this album and am surprised it didn't chart better. Cause We've Ended As Lovers is a gorgeous song, sung exquisitely by Syreeta.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I love this album and am surprised it didn't chart better. Cause We've Ended As Lovers is a gorgeous song, sung exquisitely by Syreeta.
    Totally agree with you on both points. One of my favourite albums. Spinnin' And Spinnin' along with Your Kiss Is Sweet were excellent choices as singles in the UK too.

It was good to see Syreeta on Top Of The Pops too.

I saw this when it originally aired. My impression then and now is that she had a gorgeous voice but not much in the way of stage presence. Syreeta was more reserved. It got better as time went on but somehow stardom eluded her. Motown kept her for 20 yrs and kept releasing product on her with little or no promotion. Britain gave her the hits the USA denied her. RIP. What a voice.