[REMOVE ADS]

Coaxing Diana Ross out of her dressing room

Every superstar encounters issues directly before a show. Whether it be nerves,hang ups, health problems or musical issues it is most commonplace.
    This has been doing the rounds for quite some time.

Very cool; he seems like a smart guy and we are all human

Nice story!

Perhaps someone told her that Mary Wilson was outside wanting a quick word regarding another book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Perhaps someone told her that Mary Wilson was outside wanting a quick word regarding another book.
    Ha Ha. That gave me a chuckle on this beautiful and crisp Christmas morning.
    Merry Christmas to you Ollie, and indeed everyone else on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Ha Ha. That gave me a chuckle on this beautiful and crisp Christmas morning.
    Merry Christmas to you Ollie, and indeed everyone else on this forum.
    And a very merry Christmas to you also Mr B. Hope you have a lovely day. Absolutely stunning sunrise here in sunny Somerset.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Kevin tells a good story.

Well I can kind of see why she wasn't too keen on that yellow dress....

Looks like she changed her mind at the very last possible second, rushing onto the stage at the end of the show performing without any shoes ! lol!

Last edited by Boogiedown; 12-29-2020 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Kevin tells a good story.

Well I can kind of see why she wasn't too keen on that yellow dress....

Looks like she changed her mind at the very last possible second, rushing onto the stage at the end of the show performing without any shoes ! lol!

I think yellow is a colour that really suits. As Billy Dee Williams once told her “It brings out the best tones in your skin”.
    Diana was in good voice for this version of “IWS”.

I think yellow is a colour that really suits. As Billy Dee Williams once told her “It brings out the best tones in your skin”.
    Diana was in good voice for this version of “IWS”.
    The yellow is a good color. Looks good on her. When Kevin is trying to recall if the issue was her dress , he might have meant she wasn't happy with it in general. It seems a bit ill fitting , bunching up in the center at times. Kind of monotone and plain. It's OK but not exactly gorgeous.
    Do you like her voice Ollie ? I feel like the song sounds hurried , and she's sort of going through the motions. Artificially excited. The word I'd most use is "loud".

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    The yellow is a good color. Looks good on her. When Kevin is trying to recall if the issue was her dress , he might have meant she wasn't happy with it in general. It seems a bit ill fitting , bunching up in the center at times. Kind of monotone and plain. It's OK but not exactly gorgeous.
    Do you like her voice Ollie ? I feel like the song sounds hurried , and she's sort of going through the motions. Artificially excited. The word I'd most use is "loud".
    LOL. Strident is the way i would best describe her voice during this performance. I’ve most certainly heard her sing worse versions of the song though the curse of forgetting lyrics strikes again.
    I would be extremely happy if she never, as in never ever performed this song again.....
    On the plus side she looks rather lovely, allowing of course for the slightly ill fitting frock.

LOL. Strident is the way i would best describe her voice during this performance. I’ve most certainly heard her sing worse versions of the song though the curse of forgetting lyrics strikes again.
    I would be extremely happy if she never, as in never ever performed this song again.....
    On the plus side she looks rather lovely, allowing of course for the slightly ill fitting frock.
    Yes, and she does pull it off , without Kevin's reveal, we never would've known she had just caused such backstage chaos.

Watching this appearance again on Leno , its a dry run for her upcoming Superbowl performance, [[including the wind machine lol!), so she's going at it full force ,strident , and loud , just as she will have to do for an audience of tens of thousands of people ...

If my memory serves me jay leno made a joke in regards to RTL and ticked Diana off.
    Finally kevin spoke to her with some kind words which put her in a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    If my memory serves me jay leno made a joke in regards to RTL and ticked Diana off.
    Finally kevin spoke to her with some kind words which put her in a better place.

This was years before RTL. Regarding her being “ticked off”, where did she say that? Was that on his show or some other interview?

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    This was years before RTL. Regarding her being “ticked off”, where did she say that? Was that on his show or some other interview?
    I remember Tracee stating Jay Leno had made unkind remarks about Diana during RTL and during the difficult times that followed.

Jay did a lot of jokes on RTL and I'm not gonna lie I thought they were hilarious. I love Diana but come on now she needs to take a joke.

What does RTL have to do with this thread/story?

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    What does RTL have to do with this thread/story?
    Um it was brought up in the last 5 posts? One of which you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Um it was brought up in the last 5 posts? One of which you posted.
    Not to come across as sarcastic, but I brought it up as a question of why it was mentioned in the first place. The timeline of this performance and RTL was mentioned like they were connected in some way and they were not.