[REMOVE ADS]

A Concept for DR

I noticed another great singer from Diana Ross's era Melissa Manchester remade her song Don't Cry Out Loud as a music video pertaining to the Covid changes of the world. I think it is quite awesome. It would be cool if D.R. did an inspirational remake of one of her songs to the Covid. How about Only Love Can Conquer All? Other ideas?

I have an idea for a video [[song choice opitinal) ..it opens with Miss Ross walking down a long corridoor as she does video and pics on each side of the corridoor begin from her birth her beloved mother, her father and brothers..she continues to walk as we see her with the other motown family all the performers she worked on tv with such a lucille ball ed sullivan then her daughters basically she keeps walking and everyone from husbands sons presidents mandella ali the king madonna warhol oprah whitney sinatra etc the list of greats shes been filmed or photographed with is endless.. - very few artists have met all the very greats for 70 yrs as she has...viewers from a wide demograph could enjoy this - the 60s to 80s footage would appeal to one age group and the later footage of idols of the younger viewers who admire the likes of rupaul or beyonce would dig that,, i think it would be great time capsual and statement enjoy of her incredible journey of all those she has met capsulated in one video the video ends when she stops walking stares into the camera and the shot fades with a pic of her as a child beautiful but bittersweet as life is
    Last edited by nomis; 12-23-2020 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    I have an idea for a video [[song choice opitinal) ..it opens with Miss Ross walking down a long corridoor as she does video and pics on each side of the corridoor begin from her birth her beloved mother, her father and brothers..she continues to walk as we see her with the other motown family all the performers she worked on tv with such a lucille ball ed sullivan then her daughters basically she keeps walking and everyone from husbands sons presidents mandella ali the king madonna warhol oprah whitney sinatra etc the list of greats shes been filmed or photographed with is endless.. - very few artists have met all the very greats for 70 yrs as she has...viewers from a wide demograph could enjoy this - the 60s to 80s footage would appeal to one age group and the later footage of idols of the younger viewers who admire the likes of rupaul or beyonce would dig that,, i think it would be great time capsual and statement enjoy of her incredible journey of all those she has met capsulated in one video the video ends when she stops walking stares into the camera and the shot fades with a pic of her as a child beautiful but bittersweet as life is
    This is a beautiful concept. If she were to record another “Best Years Of My Life” type of song, this would be a perfect video.

Diana has such an amazing and diverse discography. I think an interesting concept would be to take a handful of favorite tunes and totally reimagine them. Completely different arrangements, approaches, etc.

Imagine Diana doing a slow-burn jazz version of My World Is Empty, similar to what Jean and Scherrie did with the song in the 70s

and as for your idea about inspirational tunes, Diana has an abundance of these. at times i've stated that she's favored these types of tunes too much and they often come across as saccharine and like bad sing-along songs to perform on the Oprah Winfrey Show as Oprah cries big crocodile tears, sings along and sways.

but during period of conflict, sadness and suffering, you're right. it would be a wonderful thing to lift people up, proceeds could help charity, etc.

I'm a big Melissa Manchester fan but her several remakes have been ... well, the originals were fantastic. I'm not ever a fan of re-records: I think they are a sign of artistic stasis and commercial desperation, and [[correct me if I'm wrong) other than the Dell's 'Oh What A Night' there has never been a re-make of any commercial consequence. Just not on board with anyone remaking past hits, and for me the entire Trump Virus Era will be in the rear-view mirror and not to be looked back upon!

So many great Ross tracks that have been over looked including Love Will Conguer All.
    Not a bad idea