[REMOVE ADS]

Eddie Kendricks - performance plus backing vocalists Darling Come Back Home

Here's a new performance to me.....If you want to see other videos including some very scarce, go to the soulfuldetroit forum and look at my post today on the ebony affair show to see all videos posted by John Jackson, the producer of the show.

Eddie Kendricks Got To Be Free

Eddie Kendricks Get The Cream Off The Top

Eddie - Happy

Thanks for posting these MikeW!!! So interesting to see these performances from Eddie. He seems a bit shy in these as appose to his performances with the Tempts. So interesting to see the different production stuff they did on these.

Hi Luciano, I have seen a few comments about Eddie's shyness and even awkwardness on stage. I wonder if he was much more comfortable on stage as part of The Temps with the choreography all preplanned, or maybe with David Ruffin and David Sea alongside him. As a solo performer, I think he looked maybe a little awkward and wooden. Despite that, his vocals were always spot on. Could it be that he preferred being a recording artist rather than a solo performer.

Hey mike,i remember seeing eddie back in the day and he was very smooth,just gliding across the stage.

Greetings arr&bee. I guess he was more animated performing live on stage in front of a live audience: it may be that the videos that I see of him lipsynching on very small studios sets didn't give him the freedom and spontaneity he needed to perform at his best.

Have a great one! Mike

[[I bet you are missing Marv. I definitely am.)

Thanks for sharing the video's of Eddie, I remember meeting and interviewing Eddie on his last UK Tour with David Ruffin, before he passed, tears filled my eyes at how he looked then, but I remember as others have said his days with The Temptations! what a Talent!

Jaybs, I saw David, Eddie and Dennis at the Hammersmith Odeon on 1st May 1991. I vividly recall my shock at hearing of David's death exactly one month later, 1st June. As for the concert, I remember just how winded and frail Eddie sounded. Lifelong smoking had taken its toll, later that year one lung was removed and he passed late 1992. Sad, but I recall him with great affection and his solo albums were intricate and uniquely his own sound.

Mike

I wonder if he was performing during his last months because he wanted [[loved performing) to or he had to [[financial)? He had to be in a lot of pain.

During his live performance in Brooklyn he does seem bashful and awkward, but the audience, especially the women, seemed to make him more comfortable.

Check out a dynamite 60s tune, I Cried a Little on Tamla label.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Jaybs, I saw David, Eddie and Dennis at the Hammersmith Odeon on 1st May 1991. I vividly recall my shock at hearing of David's death exactly one month later, 1st June. As for the concert, I remember just how winded and frail Eddie sounded. Lifelong smoking had taken its toll, later that year one lung was removed and he passed late 1992. Sad, but I recall him with great affection and his solo albums were intricate and uniquely his own sound.

Mike
    I often wondered if it was just me? the radio station I worked for promoted the concert at The Southport Theatre, as I said a night I will never forget, but when my eyes filled as we spoke. We promoted so many concerts at Southport, but I felt for so many of our listeners as the last train to Liverpool was 10.20pm and it was quite a walk from the sea front to the station, so the theatre was often half empty at the end. So thanfull I got to chat with Eddie, David said little. Such memories.