[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    of course Thank You but that got me to listen to Diana sings the Wiz. i think Brand New Day could have been a single back that, great feel to it.
    It does have the feel good factor and might have made a better choice then the rather unremarkable “Ease On Down The Road”. I wonder why it was exclusive to the. Netherlands?.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    And if you see him was strongly considered for single release in the UK. Not sure why it wasn't issued.
    Hi Blue, As you know I am an ave. Diana fan. I was reintroduced to her music on the mid 90's FBTP and TMH and thought the sales of these projects should have gone through the roof. The quality to me anyway was reminiscent of Remember Me Album as far as quality. You could tell she put much time and effort into these two projects. Did Motown spend enough money to adequately market these projects? Sometimes I just feel Motown was being cheap on promotion.

QUOTE=Bluebrock And if you see him was strongly considered for single release in the UK. Not sure why it wasn't issued.

Hi Blue, As you know I am an ave. Diana fan. I was reintroduced to her music on the mid 90's FBTP and TMH and thought the sales of these projects should have gone through the roof. The quality to me anyway was reminiscent of Remember Me Album as far as quality. You could tell she put much time and effort into these two projects. Did Motown spend enough money to adequately market these projects? Sometimes I just feel Motown was being cheap on promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    She did become very frustrated with Motown USA for the way in which they attempted to promote the 90's albums. There were some very harsh words exchanged i can tell you that much.
    She was very proud of FBTP and TMH and felt she wasn't been supported by the American office. There was no expense spared on the making of those albums. She was delighted by the way in which they initially threw money at the making of the projects, but failed to promote them properly.
    It was a different story at EMI UK where she lavished gifts on the employees as a thank you for their hard work and support. She once told me it was like living in a parallel universe. It was such a sad situation. She worked her butt off to promote those albums without the support of Motown USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She did become very frustrated with Motown USA for the way in which they attempted to promote the 90's albums. There were some very harsh words exchanged i can tell you that much.
    She was very proud of FBTP and TMH and felt she wasn't been supported by the American office. There was no expense spared on the making of those albums. She was delighted by the way in which they initially threw money at the making of the projects, but failed to promote them properly.
    It was a different story at EMI UK where she lavished gifts on the employees as a thank you for their hard work and support. She once told me it was like living in a parallel universe. It was such a sad situation. She worked her butt off to promote those albums without the support of Motown USA.
    Hey thks. Yes def they put in the $$$ the production and it showed. Reminds me of earlier days. It seemed that she just didn't run in the studio and quickly lay some tracks down. Motown did a lousy job with other performers as well. SMH. Catch up w you on FB in a few days.
    Last edited by detmotownguy; 07-08-2021 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    Attachment 19193

#1 in the Netherlands!
    #1 in Belgium as well. It’s definitely more melodic then “Ease On Down The Road”. Given it’s huge success in those two countries, you would have thought it might have been released in the USA and UK.
    I never realised until now [[43 years later) that Luther Vandross sings the first line of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Hey thks. Yes def they put in the $$$ the production and it showed. Reminds me of earlier days. It seemed that she just didn't run in the studio and quickly lay some tracks down. Motown did a lousy job with other performers as well. SMH. Catch up w you on FB in a few days.
    For sure. Hope you are feeling a little better following your ordeal from last week. Sending best wishes to you from across the pond.

“Drop The Mask” - one of my favourites from the ‘Every Day Is A New Day’ Sessions.
    Diana sings like she had a point to make. Definitely should have featured on the USA and UK versions of the album.

No matter what sign you are

The Supremes and Diana Motown Anthologies from 2001 and Swept Away Expanded Edition.

It’s Alright With Me - from the “Farewell” album. It’s a song i wish she had sang at her ‘Stolen Moments’ concert from 92.
    Rhonda sings a nice version, but prefer Diana’s .

This is a bit of a stretch, but Mabel King's movie version of "Don't Nobody Bring Me No Bad News." [Well. it is Ross-related!]

Where did our live go album - stereo version

Brown Baby [[Reverend P Edit) - Cool remix of a great song.

Have Fun Again - Love the songs message. Could have gone huge as a single.

Heavy Weather - Gently lilting song with thought provoking lyrics. Should perhaps have been released as the fifth single in the UK.
    I always wondered if it was Arne’ interest in ecology that prompted Diana to record it.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 08-07-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Listening to sing Supremes sing HDH.my fav

Confide In Me - I was never really crazy about this track when younger, but have since come to appreciate its timeless sophistication. The expanded “BIM” remains one of my faves.

Aretha's cover of "It's My Turn."

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Aretha's cover of "It's My Turn."
    I love her version almost as much as Diana's.
    ”Love All The Hurt Away” remains my favourite AF album.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I love her version almost as much as Diana's.
    ”Love All The Hurt Away” remains my favourite AF album.
    It's certainly a great one...although Amazing Grace and the Sparkle soundtrack are Ree's crown jewels for me.
    Last edited by sansradio; 08-26-2021 at 01:49 PM.

“Turn Me Over” - Her voice sounds so sexy.

Remember - The unadorned simplicity of the arrangement and vocal make the songs message all the more meaningful and heartfelt. It matches my Sunday morning, melancholy mood.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 09-26-2021 at 05:23 AM.

I have been listening to Supremes #1 collection.
    Love the remix of You Keep Me Hanging On.
    I also added the remix of My World Is Empty Without You from Motown Remixed.
    What a great Ross vocal

I have been listening to Supremes #1 collection.
    Love the remix of You Keep Me Hanging On.
    I also added the remix of My World Is Empty Without You from Motown Remixed.
    What a great Ross vocal
    I recently compiled a playlist mixing the more laidback songs from Ross 83 and Eaten Alive. The songs from the two albums really compliment each other making it great to chill out to with a glass of something nice.

Brand new day had hit written all over it.
    Go figure.
    Listening to songs from ILY.
    Not my fav but Lovely Day,What about Love.
    A few gems here

had a compilation on and heard "My World Is Empty" chorus sampled in MC Lytes "Georgy Porgy"

My Funny Valentine - The song has been covered by just about everyone under the sun, but Diana’s version still remains my very favourite.
    No wonder BG was said to have been knocked out when he first heard the completed “SSR&H” album.

Thank you cd

Thank you cd
    I hope you listened to “My Funny Valentine” afterwards.

I hope you listened to “My Funny Valentine” afterwards.
    no but i will, the Supremes sing Rogers and Hart has always been a favorite of mine

was just listening to Amazing Grace.

The Long And Winding Road - I really like the arrangement, while Diana manages to put her own stamp on the song. No easy feat when you consider how many times it’s been covered.
    The purity of her voice seems to match it’s wistful lyrics.

"You're All I Need to Get By" by Diana Ross: Revised song with added lyrics by Ashford and Simpson, the song's original songwriters. The production is fabulous. This song demonstrates the vocal acuity of a great songstress, Diana Ross.

been listening to EIAND album, He Lives In You ,Carry On. alot of gems on this set .Love Not Over You Yet remix

Sia - Angel By The Wings. A positive message song that would have fitted perfectly on the “Thank You” album.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 12-30-2021 at 01:19 PM.

The number of songs which could have been a UK hit at a certain time is just too long to list.

Supremes Sing HDH Expanded Edition. Good gracious, the girls rocked !!! No one came close …..

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    The number of songs which could have been a UK hit at a certain time is just too long to list.
    With the exception of the 70’s, tv promotion was the key as proved by the huge UK success of “FBTP”.

Thank You - The whole album. It’s fast becoming a Diana classic for me with “In Your Heart” and “Just In Case” emerging as front runners in the favourites division.
    Still wish it contained a current pic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Supremes Sing HDH Expanded Edition. Good gracious, the girls rocked !!! No one came close …..
    Circa I've been listening to this all week after not listening to it in about a year. The first 7 songs on disc 2 in particular. Any ones that stood out for you? I really have been going back to the extended mix of Going Down For the Third Time at high volume in my car a lot this week! And the new mix of I Guess I'll Always Love You on disc 2 is a favorite too.

"The Answer is Always Love": Grammy Worthy Song

Crazy He Calls Me - It’s a shame that Diana never had the chance to perform this song in the film as it matches the storyline perfectly. Beautiful rendition.

I'm all about the Thank You album!

I just put Last Time I Saw Him in my car today! Looooooove this darn album. I'm trying to decide which song will be the first song I play in my brand new car ��. Not sure it'll be a miss Ross song, but I'm about 40% sure

Your Love Is So Good For Me [[12inch mix) - Love this looser version of the song, with Diana sounding sexy and assured. Might possibly have been a hit if released in 81.

I pulled out the "Baby It's Me" yesterday. Have always enjoyed since 1977.

Quote Originally Posted by motownlover1964 View Post
    I pulled out the "Baby It's Me" yesterday. Have always enjoyed since 1977.
    Its a classy affair that has stood the test of time well. Considering it remains a fan favourite, i was most surprised when the expanded version failed to be released as a cd package.
    It’s a shame the intended follow up album with Perry was cancelled.

Its a classy affair that has stood the test of time well. Considering it remains a fan favourite, i was most surprised when the expanded version failed to be released as a cd package.
    It’s a shame the intended follow up album with Perry was cancelled.
    This is why I do not have BIM on cd. I hate owning things only in digital. I have to have a physical copy, even if it's a cheap digidisc like LTISH.

Tina Turner's Foreign Affair box set is a wish of mine for Diana

The original 12" mix of "The Boss." Fire even 43 years later. Diana/Ashford/Simpson owe us NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    The original 12" mix of "The Boss." Fire even 43 years later. Diana/Ashford/Simpson owe us NOTHING.
    Disco perfection, with that A &S production second to none. As much as i love it, i never thought it the right choice as lead single for the UK.
    Diana clearly loves this album, so it’s baffling that other then the soundtrack of The Wiz , they never got together for another album.