[REMOVE ADS]




Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 81
  1. #1

    What are you listening to right now [[Ross related,)

    Been listening to Ross 83 yesterday...
    Love that's how you start over and you do it .
    Pieces of ice held up better than most.
    Also Supremes christmas collection

  2. #2
    Over the past couple of months, I have been listening to the Supremes albums in chronological order. This past weekend, I made it up through the first disc of FAREWELL.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Over the past couple of months, I have been listening to the Supremes albums in chronological order. This past weekend, I made it up through the first disc of FAREWELL.
    Lately, various forum topics have led me to go back to certain Diana LP’s. Silk Electric, Eaten Alive and the Funny Girl expanded are the three I’ve been revisiting as of late...

  4. #4
    Ultimate Christmas 2017 Mixes
    Love Child album
    Meet The Supremes
    Sing HDH

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Been listening to Ross 83 yesterday...
    Love that's how you start over and you do it .
    Pieces of ice held up better than most.
    Also Supremes christmas collection
    I am only listening to Christmas music at the moment which of course means The Supremes Ultimate Christmas Edition and Diana's solo Christmas collection are getting regular listens. Prior to that it was The Funny Girl expanded edition that had commanded my attention. I was most impressed with it despite it never being a favorite of mine previously.

  6. #6
    Almost every day for over 2 weeks now ...
    Force behind the power
    change of heart
    Ross 83
    Swept away
    telephone
    fight for it
    shine
    You were the one
    I love you, call me
    keep it right there
    If you'r not gonna love me right
    too many nights
    gone
    Baby it's me album

  7. #7
    At the minute over and over again:

    To Love Again album
    Touch Me In The Morning album [[first five tracks)
    Chain Reaction
    Forever Young
    Amazing Grace

  8. #8
    I did forget I was listening to expanded I hear a symphony ....disc two.
    Live at roostertail

  9. #9
    Supremes Christmas over the last few weeks. Not much else Ross related.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I am only listening to Christmas music at the moment which of course means The Supremes Ultimate Christmas Edition and Diana's solo Christmas collection are getting regular listens. Prior to that it was The Funny Girl expanded edition that had commanded my attention. I was most impressed with it despite it never being a favorite of mine previously.
    likewise - plus Ella, Mariah's All I Want and lots of others. shift between classical and pop holiday music

    Prior [[and of course post) i'll get the girls more back into the mix, sometimes i play just random playlists but sometimes i'll do an album from start to finish. i like the random but also enjoy hearing an album in it's released format in order to hear the music 'the way they intended'

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    likewise - plus Ella, Mariah's All I Want and lots of others. shift between classical and pop holiday music

    Prior [[and of course post) i'll get the girls more back into the mix, sometimes i play just random playlists but sometimes i'll do an album from start to finish. i like the random but also enjoy hearing an album in it's released format in order to hear the music 'the way they intended'
    There are so many wonderful Christmas albums. I prefer to play my cd's rather than spotify. I have around 300 Christmas cd's of which i would class around 60-70 as absolutely essential listening. Currently i am playing Be Be Winans magnificent " My Christmas Prayer".

  12. #12
    Not a fav but still one of her best rca albums Red Hot Blue album.
    Some great songs here....hard for me to say

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Not a fav but still one of her best rca albums Red Hot Blue album.
    Some great songs here....hard for me to say
    It was not a great album, but it did contain some beautiful tracks such as Hard for me to say, Cross my heart and Summertime.

  14. #14
    Last night I listened to the Supremes' LOST AND FOUND collection.

  15. #15
    BIM on brandnew USA vinyl

  16. #16
    Give Up - because of SD!

  17. #17
    Everything Is Everything....one of my favorite albums...got it for Christmas in 1970...still enjoying it 50 years later...

  18. #18
    The Force Behind The Power”. A great song, with lyrics perhaps more relevant now then at the time it was first released in. I find it impossible to sit still while this is playing.
    Would love to see a re-release of the song. Diana looked stunning in the promo.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    The Force Behind The Power”. A great song, with lyrics perhaps more relevant now then at the time it was first released in. I find it impossible to sit still while this is playing.
    Would love to see a re-release of the song. Diana looked stunning in the promo.
    She certainly did look stunning in the video. She was in a great place in her personal life, and she was very pleased with the FBTP album. I would suggest Diana was possibly at her happiest around this time and she was for the most part an absolute joy to work with. Happy memories.

  20. #20
    I just scored 3 70's CD's: New Ways, Touch, and Floy Joy. I'm enjoying listening to them as stand alones.

  21. #21
    More and More *** Deliciously understated vocal.

  22. #22
    Ollie I agree.
    Beautiful vocal. Some gems on this album minus title cut

  23. #23
    Been listening to the Force behind the power..
    Heart don't change my mind and blame it on the sun are lovely

  24. #24
    After Nomis mentioned it in another thread, I pulled out SWEPT AWAY. I haven't played it since the recent reissue came out but it has always been one of my favorite Diana albums

  25. #25
    Swept away...it's your move....touch by touch...telephone....
    Some good tracks minus the last track.
    Wasn't fight for it a left over from this

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Swept away...it's your move....touch by touch...telephone....
    Some good tracks minus the last track.
    Wasn't fight for it a left over from this
    I think FIGHT FOR IT was removed to make room for ALL OF YOU. But FIGHT FOR IT ended up as the b-side of SWEPT AWAY.

  27. #27
    “God Bless The Child” at The Apollo Hall Of Fame in 93. Beautiful, sensitive performance from Diana. She really gets to the heart of the song.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 02-19-2021 at 08:31 AM.

  28. #28
    The force behind the power...
    Love ...heart don't change my mind and blame it on the sun

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    The force behind the power...
    Love ...heart don't change my mind and blame it on the sun
    Beautiful songs that are amongst Ms Ross's personal favourites too, so you are in good company David!

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Beautiful songs that are amongst Ms Ross's personal favourites too, so you are in good company David!
    a song i often forget or overlook is I Thought We Were Still in Love. stunning production and gorgeous vocal. i need to move this track into multiple playlists. one of her best, although quite a sad lyric

  31. #31
    Listened to most of the Take Me Higher album while speed-training this evening. What a lovely, lush & beautifully sung album.

  32. #32
    Just Say, Just Say - My favourite song from Diana & Marvin.

  33. #33
    Diana. Lp... this weekend ....as well as take me higher

  34. #34
    1978 "Ross" album. "Reach Out, I'll Be There" Love this song. Opening night, RTL, what a surprise to hear this song superbly orchestrated and beautifully sung by Diana Ross. I always wondered if Luther Vandross had requested it.

  35. #35
    “This House”. Deliciously soulful, classy offering from Diana. She really puts her own unique stamp on it. Far to sophisticated to have become a huge hit. Poignant lyrics.
    ”I’ll try to comfort you baby, you try to comfort me”.

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    1978 "Ross" album. "Reach Out, I'll Be There" Love this song. Opening night, RTL, what a surprise to hear this song superbly orchestrated and beautifully sung by Diana Ross. I always wondered if Luther Vandross had requested it.
    It was his all time favourite Ross recording and i do believe he did request it.
    I have some recollection of this, but will have to consult my journals for confirmation.

  37. #37
    "His Eye Is on the Sparrow." Simply sublime.

  38. #38
    The D'Influence remix of "Not Over You Yet." The sample really perks up the song.


  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    The D'Influence remix of "Not Over You Yet." The sample really perks up the song.

    This is a terrific remix. Really breaths new life into the song without distorting the original feel. I wish it had been on the album. My kind of music.

  40. #40
    “Back To The Future” - There is something hypnotic about this song.

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    This is a terrific remix. Really breaths new life into the song without distorting the original feel. I wish it had been on the album. My kind of music.
    One for the expanded edition Ollie!

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    One for the expanded edition Ollie!

    ​Yes Pleeeze...


  43. #43
    Imagine - Mary Wilson. Listening in honour of her birthday today.

  44. #44
    The #1s
    This week.
    Been playing stoned love alot

  45. #45
    DRATS-Reflections, Love Child, Let the Sunshine In, Cream of the Crop
    Diana-Workin' Overtime, Expanded editions of Everything Is Everything, Diana Ross 76, Swept Away, Ross 83, Supertonic and selected cuts from I Love You

  46. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    One for the expanded edition Ollie!
    Hello Bluebrock. Do you know if these expanded editions will attach/include any of the various tracks for the compilations around the releases of the studio albums, i.e the new tracks from Musical Memoirs/One Woman/Ultimate Collection, Voice of Love, Gift of Love, Life and Love, The Berry Gordy Tribute Album, That's Why I Call You My Friend/When You Dream [[Japan Release only)? Thank you, Frank

  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    One for the expanded edition Ollie!
    Here's another one for the Expanded Edition:



    The vocals sound so much more natural here than on the Soul Solution Remix.

  48. #48
    When you tell me that you love me takes us home

  49. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepdishus2001 View Post
    Hello Bluebrock. Do you know if these expanded editions will attach/include any of the various tracks for the compilations around the releases of the studio albums, i.e the new tracks from Musical Memoirs/One Woman/Ultimate Collection, Voice of Love, Gift of Love, Life and Love, The Berry Gordy Tribute Album, That's Why I Call You My Friend/When You Dream [[Japan Release only)? Thank you, Frank
    I honestly do not know. I would expect the Japanese tracks to appear on the expanded editions, but i have no idea which of the three albums. I am beginning to despair they will never be released. It's around five years ago when the idea was first muted. Sorry i cannot be of further assistance at this time.

  50. #50
    I've always disliked the heavy percussion sound on "Hope Is an Open Window." I see that it's a remix by Christopher Ward and Tim Tickner. I'd love to hear Daryl Simmons' original production, if it's in the vaults.

    Was the promo of "Sugarfee" an edit or perhaps a radio remix?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.