[REMOVE ADS]

" If We Hold on Together" 1989 Oscars

Diana Ross sang this song for the movie, "The Land Before Time".The song was not nominated for best movie Best Song. Diana Ross gave a great vocal performance to this song.Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Diana Ross sang this song for the movie, "The Land Before Time".The song was not nominated for best movie Best Song. Diana Ross gave a great vocal performance to this song.Any thoughts?
    It's a lovely song with a very nice vocal from Diana. Not sure how well the film did at the box office? I don't recall it being a blockbuster which could account for it being overlooked?

For me, this is one of Diana's best songs. Great vocal performance, great lyrics and great instrumentation.

A film with some heart wrenching scenes but with the search for better things. I think we could all do with the Great Valley right now.

I don't recall ever seeing the performance. Looked on Youtube and it doesn't seem to be there, unless I overlooked it, so it's hard to give an opinion about it. However, I'll ditto Rovereab's post above. Great song and great movie. I think I re-watched it last about three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I don't recall ever seeing the performance. Looked on Youtube and it doesn't seem to be there, unless I overlooked it, so it's hard to give an opinion about it. However, I'll ditto Rovereab's post above. Great song and great movie. I think I re-watched it last about three years ago.
    She didn't perform it at the Oscars. The op was just wondering why it wasn't nominated for an award.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    She didn't perform it at the Oscars. The op was just wondering why it wasn't nominated for an award.
    Duh. What the hell was I reading? Everyone excuse my nonsensical post. Just the one Reese references, not 5,309 others the post tabulator says I have.

Love this song so much. She also sang it in Christmas in Vienna but it wasnt included in the broadcast show that air, Heres probably my all time favorite TV clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyM9sRqR9Uk

If we hold on Together. from Vienna. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtYSpRXEyXA

Diana did sing at the 1990 Academy Awards though...

"Over the Rainbow"