[REMOVE ADS]

Diana ross wasn't sure if she'd be a star — new reelz doc reveals the reason why

JUST A REMINDER

This documentary premiers this Sunday on REELZ at 10 pm
    Also, one hour earlier is a similar documentary on REELXZ about Whitney Houston

https://okmagazine.com/videos/diana-...z-documentary/

So Baby Love won 3 Grammys hey!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    So Baby Love won 3 Grammys hey!!!???
    The group, known for their 1964 bop “Baby Love,” was massively successful and went on to win three Grammy Awards

Actually, that sentence does not say that Baby Love won three grammies. It says that the group went on to win three Grammys.

But I don't even think that is right. I think during their entire career, they were only nominated twice - once for Baby Love, and once for Stop in the Name of Love. But I don't think they ever won a grammy.

And I don't think Diana ever won a Grammy either, although recently she was given a special or lifetime Grammy

Yes that’s more like it!

I misread it initially

I don’t think the group was nominated for a 3rd Grammy??

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    JUST A REMINDER

This documentary premiers this Sunday on REELZ at 10 pm
    Also, one hour earlier is a similar documentary on REELXZ about Whitney Houston

https://okmagazine.com/videos/diana-...z-documentary/
    We discussed this on a previous thread Diana Ross - The Story of the song.
    It is enjoyable enough, but do be prepared for some inaccurate information. I could pick several holes in it, but it was nice to see something new about Diana.

Uhg. I could see writing a sentence that says "The Grammy Award winning Supremes"--that would be easier to take than specifically saying they won three, IMO, when they didn't. People just make things up these days. Back in the 60's the average person didn't even know the Grammys existed. When the 5th Dimension won several Grammys in 1967, for instance, they didn't even know what they were! It wasn't until the awards started being televised in the early 70's that people started to "get" them. People make a big deal out of the fact that Motown artists didn't win Grammys but the truth is nobody much cared back then.

I think the Supremes won three Hall of Fame Grammys.
    Stop In The Name of Love----- 2001
    You Keep Me Hanging On-----1999
    Where Did Our Love Go-----1999

To me it was a way of saying somebody made a mistake along the way.
    Diana Ross also won a Grammy for a Lifetime Achievement. I could never understand how the Grammys picked the winners so I never watched it when it was televised.