[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: 70's LPs on CD

70's LPs on CD

Wondering which 70's LPs made it on to CD. NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BOXED SETS; Jean and Scherrie Years. The stand alone releases.

Right On - CD
    Mag 7 - ?
    New Ways - CD
    Return Mag 7 - ?
    Touch - CD
    Dynamite - ?
    Floy Joy - CD
    Jimmy Webb - Japanese CD
    THE SUPREMES - Japanese CD
    High Energy - ?
    MSS - ?

5 were issued in the 90s plus 2 compilations. I haven't paid attention to the recent japanese ones since everything was already available on the 2 boxed sets plus the Magnificent collection of the duets. And Hip's Live in Japan

RO
    Touch
    Floy Joy

these 3 were first

NW and Mag 7 followed.

there was also the GH&RC cd which included about half of the JW tracks and the Best of the Supremes and the Four Tops which went heavy on Return and Dynamite.

To my knowledge, all of the 70s albums made it to a stand-alone cd except:

THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT 7
    DYNAMITE
    HIGH ENERGY
    MARY, SCHERRIE, & SUSAYE
    Last edited by reese; 12-16-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    5 were issued in the 90s plus 2 compilations. I haven't paid attention to the recent japanese ones since everything was already available on the 2 boxed sets plus the Magnificent collection of the duets. And Hip's Live in Japan

RO
    Touch
    Floy Joy

these 3 were first

NW and Mag 7 followed.

there was also the GH&RC cd which included about half of the JW tracks and the Best of the Supremes and the Four Tops which went heavy on Return and Dynamite.
    There was also the MOTOWN LEGENDS cd that had a photo of DMF, yet all of the recordings were from the 70s, with many being from the Jimmy Webb album.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    There was also the MOTOWN LEGENDS cd that had a photo of DMF, yet all of the recordings were from the 70s, with many being from the Jimmy Webb album.
    oh yes that's right!! forgot that. between this and GHRC, you almost had about half of the JW album.

I'm sure I read on that Japanese website that High Energy and MSS were "coming soon". Now I can't find it. I was deeeelighted to get the Jimmy Webb and The Supremes albums on CD.