[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Lol! It was on this very little ole website I was told there would be a red wave!!!
    Let's be honest though: there was a giant red wave. It's just that the blue wave ended up being bigger. The nonsensical have a hard time wrapping their brains around the fact that so many people were anti-Trump and that we would vote for Joe Biden. I noticed long before Trump and his cult followers started pointing it out that there did not seem to be any of the "rah rah" energy for Biden that the Trumpers clearly had for their cult leader, at least not where I am. I certainly wasn't on the Biden train and had to push down vomit to color in the little box next to his name when I sent my vote in. But I would've voted for my dog if it meant Trump was forced to take his ass to the land where presidents go to die in January. For many of us the blue wave was no surprise, comprised of pro Biden folks, anti Trump folks, and everyone in between. What surprised many was just how many folks were willing to put up with four more years of this demonic man. The scary part is that, and maybe at the same time the bright spot, if it were not for some republicans jumping ship or choosing not to vote at all, that red wave might have washed over the entire thing. As a nation we have a serious soul problem and I'm pessimistic about it being solved. Political rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Let's be honest though: there was a giant red wave. It's just that the blue wave ended up being bigger. The nonsensical have a hard time wrapping their brains around the fact that so many people were anti-Trump and that we would vote for Joe Biden. I noticed long before Trump and his cult followers started pointing it out that there did not seem to be any of the "rah rah" energy for Biden that the Trumpers clearly had for their cult leader, at least not where I am. I certainly wasn't on the Biden train and had to push down vomit to color in the little box next to his name when I sent my vote in. But I would've voted for my dog if it meant Trump was forced to take his ass to the land where presidents go to die in January. For many of us the blue wave was no surprise, comprised of pro Biden folks, anti Trump folks, and everyone in between. What surprised many was just how many folks were willing to put up with four more years of this demonic man. The scary part is that, and maybe at the same time the bright spot, if it were not for some republicans jumping ship or choosing not to vote at all, that red wave might have washed over the entire thing. As a nation we have a serious soul problem and I'm pessimistic about it being solved. Political rant over.
    My 2c is that black people, and black women in particular, saved this country from its worst elements, yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    i wouldlove to see the couple of solo performances and two interviews she did with local detroit tv shows after she left the group sadly they seem to have been wiped although there must be a transcript or fan audio cassette recording of one interview as Tarreborelli draws on quotes from it on his second Diana biography
    Photos exist of one of her performances on a New York television show promoting her first or second single, but as of yet no footage released. There's footage of her Billiken Day Parade appearance that has surfaced, but it's not a performance. The interview she gave to a television show sometime before her death has audio but I'm unaware if visual footage exist. I'm hoping there's something of her last singing performance of "I Am Woman". Perhaps a fan was recording.

My 2c is that black people, and black women in particular, saved this country from its worst elements, yet again.
    No argument there. And as a Black person, you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    RanRan, I would say Diana was not getting any vocal coaching. If she was, it wasn't very good. Her lack of training shows up in the live shows when you start hearing that hiccup in her voice as she is pulling in air. Based on the changes in her voice, I would say that she eventually did have a voice coach as her lyrical lines became longer and she supported the notes in a stronger way. The placement of the upper notes was better, and stronger so they didn't sound so nasal and pushed. And, she would have had to learn to sing correctly or her voice would have given out on her.
    In her book, Diana mentioned that Maurice King was helpful but for the most part, vocal training wasn't given to them. She said it was pure survival that motivated her to improve her vocals, as she was getting hoarse. She went on to say that her voice transformed when she began to sing from her diaphragm but that she basically learned by doing.

How do you know I'm not a black woman? Maybe I'm Diana Ross????

Lol. Thank you, RanRan and thanxal, and all responsible people! I'm neither black nor white, but I've been so happy to have lived all my life in the Blue in Hawaii and California. [[This will be the extent of my political statements.)

How do you know I'm not a black woman? Maybe I'm Diana Ross????
    Hmmm, in my mind I always pictured you as a dead ringer for Rick Moranis. Whodathunkit?

Hmmm, in my mind I always pictured you as a dead ringer for Rick Moranis. Whodathunkit?
    Lol, Urkel!