[REMOVE ADS]

Jackée Harry returns to soap opera roots as ‘a fabulous woman’ on ‘Days of Our Lives'

Today's NY Daily News - always nice to hear good news about this lovely actress & successful lady:

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-jackee-harry-soap-opera-roots-days-of-our-lives-20201209-x3gnr4oxx5gibjtkqaskdf4p6u-story.html

'Jackée Harry is returning to her daytime television roots.

The Emmy Award winning actress — the first and only African American woman to win in the best supporting actress in a comedy category — announced that she’s joining the cast of “Days of Our Lives.”

Renowned for portraying the scene-stealing, man-loving Sandra Clark on “227” during the mid-1980s, Harry is ready to sink her teeth in another feisty role

“Oh, she’s fabulous,” the Harlem-reared actress told ‘Today’ show host Hoda Kotb about the role she’ll play on the long-running NBC soap. “You know I’m playing a fabulous woman, you know that. But I don’t want to give away the storyline because it’s a brand-new storyline [featuring] African Americans.”

“They have been at the forefront of hiring minorities. Tey have a lot of diversity on ‘Days of Our Lives,’” she added. “I don’t want to give away the storyline but I have a daughter and you know there ain’t nothing but trouble in River City.”

The 55-year NBC soap opera, set in the fictitious Midwestern town of Salem, has confirmed the former “Sister, Sister” actress will be playing a new character named Paulina, who comes to Salem to reconnect with her family. The successful and outspoken Paulina will be connected to the Carver family. She will begin filming this month for episodes set to air in March.

The Winston-Salem, N.C., native, whose real name is Jacqueline Yvonne Harry, made her television acting debut in “Another World” in 1983 after starting her career on Broadway in the late 1970s. She as a history teacher before then.

Harry, who has kept busy throughout the decades with memorable television roles on “The Women of Brewster Place” and “Everybody Hates Chris,” recently reunited with “227” co-stars to celebrate the show’s 35th anniversary.

She is currently starring in “A Christmas for Mary,” a new holiday film from OWN also featuring Vivica A. Fox.'

Wonderful News! While I don't watch Days Of Our Lives, it's wonderful to hear that they've signed Jackée Harry for a role on the show. Thanks for sharing PNH!