[REMOVE ADS]

2018 Clip Featuring Motown Commentary By Mickey Stevenson and Martha Reeves:

With apologies if previously posted. Missed it.

Hadn't seen this yet. Thank you. Enjoyed William Mickey Stevenson and Martha's commentary. Had to lol about Kim & Martha almost coming to blows about Dancing. Mickey & Marvin were absolutely right, though!

Ha ..I don't quite get the vaseline reference in the comment though??

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Ha ..I don't quite get the vaseline reference in the comment though??
    I've never personally gotten into a "girl fight," but I would imagine that if you were to put Vaseline onto your fingertips before starting, it might reduce or prevent any sharp edges from cutting someone else. Just a guess...

hee hee crazy

Nice clip. Mickey sounds like a nice fun loving guy.

Don't think I'd seen this clip - so thanks for posting - though had heard most of the stories of course.

Googling 'vaseline girl fight' gives answers like 'black girls used to use vaseline before a fight as it prevents their face from being scratched'.

Boxers also used vaseline before a fight as it stopped punches from connecting [[as they would slide off). And vaseline can also stem any bleeding caused by punches or scratches. Maybe the Motown girls learned these tips from Berry lol

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Don't think I'd seen this clip - so thanks for posting - though had heard most of the stories of course.

Googling 'vaseline girl fight' gives answers like 'black girls used to use vaseline before a fight as it prevents their face from being scratched'.

Boxers also used vaseline before a fight as it stopped punches from connecting [[as they would slide off). And vaseline can also stem any bleeding caused by punches or scratches. Maybe the Motown girls learned these tips from Berry lol
    Check out Jill Scott's version of a " vaseline girl fight " on a cut from her debut album. There she talks about taking off her earrings and shoes! Truly, "black girls do rock!" As Run-DMC said: "...Rock your knot [[head)!" Tee hee.