[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Any update on the talented and soulful Terry Collins.Last we heard a couple of years ago on SDF He was destitute in Pittsburgh.

Cherrelle still performs regularly. She's on Facebook as Cherrelle Walton and is going to be at the Essence Music Festival this summer.

Pebbles goes by the name Sister Perri and is an evangelist. She has a website www.sisterperri.com She's also on FB, but, unlike Cherrelle, hers is just a fansite that she occassionally pops in on.

Here's some soul for your bowl: where is......
    Jeffrey Osborne
    Howard Hewitt
    Carla Thomas
    All of the Soul Survivors of our youth:
    Dionne Warwick
    Chuck Jackson
    Bobby Womack
    and so many others that we know and love, AND.....
    who have not lost a step and can still deliver the goods?

Hi Tallone!

All the artists that you listed are still performing, and some of them even had or will have CDs released - Jeffrey, Dionne and Bobby, at least.

Best regards
    Heikki

Interesting thread...

Below is a link to a nice story about Lester Chambers of The Chambers Brothers. He was recently homeless until word of his plight got out. Supposedly, even Yoko Ono stepped up to help him. He will be honored at Yohsis in San Francisco later this month [[see link below)

http://www.sweetrelief.org/events/le...hambers-yoshis

Sweet Relief is a organization that assists musicians who have fallen on hard times. The older artists/musicians who made little to NO money back in the day are especially hit hard.

Another artist I've wondered about is Sugar Pie DeSanto, who a few years back tragically lost her husband when her home burned down in Oakland, CA.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tallone View Post
    Here's some soul for your bowl: where is......
    Jeffrey Osborne
    Howard Hewitt
    Carla Thomas
    All of the Soul Survivors of our youth:
    Dionne Warwick
    Chuck Jackson
    Bobby Womack
    and so many others that we know and love, AND.....
    who have not lost a step and can still deliver the goods?
    Tallone, Dionne Warwick recently did a stint on the reality show Celebrity Apprentice and by the time she was fired from the show, she became for a bit, one of the most hated women on American Television.

Whatever happened to CheChe and Peppe [[I think I spelled it correctly) who were on Buddha and had a hit called "I Know,
    I Know I'm In Love" and an lp also. They performed on American Bandstand at the time. They were two young kids,
    brother and sister, and they named themselves after their two dogs.
    Anyone?

Shirley Ellis
    Millie Small
    Gayle McCormick [[of Smith)

Accidentally ran into Tina Britt's husband on the street. I don't know if this was just a regional hit but here goes............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltkzwuDYxmw

Hi this is Kev-Lo

I've often wondered whatever happened to
    Jay Wiggins- Sad Girl
    Helena Ferguson- Where is The Party
    The Whatnauts
    The Continental Four
    June Conquest

Do anybody have information on these artists whereabouts

Eugene Wilde is doing his thing over in the UK now. He recently finished an album with Cool Million. Don't know the name of it. Sorry, that's all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric E. View Post
    Eugene Wilde is doing his thing over in the UK now. He recently finished an album with Cool Million. Don't know the name of it. Sorry, that's all I got.
    Eugene Wilde was great. Glad to hear he is still singing and well. Thanks

what about a group caled D.L.T. WILLIS ???? hope i have the name right,.... think they were on motown...remember seeing a picture of them in the 70s in a magazine called BLUES and SOUL [[UK)...........

Tina made some great records

wonder_woman Guest
    Whatever happened to Randy Brown, Solid Solution, Cletus Marland, Ned Doheny & Ron Henderson?

Cletus marland

Quote Originally Posted by wonder_woman View Post
    Whatever happened to Randy Brown, Solid Solution, Cletus Marland, Ned Doheny & Ron Henderson?
    Ohhhh great voice.

What ever happen to the Lollipops,and their lead singer Arenita Walker?
    I was in the chat room and there were inquiries about them i haven't
    been able to get in contact with any one since2004.
    If anyone has any information about them please contact me.[[dUKE)

Whatever happened to Three Ounces of Love? Also, what did the Lollipops sing? What label were they on?

I always wonder what happened to Carl Holmes of Carl Holmes & The Commandos. They had a song called "Hey It's Love" back by "It's Been A Long Time." I could never find any information on him or the group when searching.

Shirley ELLis left the biz and I think became a social worker-NYC. Lollipops were on VIP.

Always wondered what ever happened to Nathaniel Bouknight of the doowop group The Shells.They recorded Baby.Oh Baby.No info on him i can find

You mean MDLT-Willis....I've been fascinated with them since I learned of them about a year ago. The maddening thing is that there is nothing on the net about them post 1974! Someone claimed to have known them on a Youtube message board and I wrote him. he replied:

"This response is a year late. To answer your questions, they are in their fifties now with living in Los Angeles. All of them have grown children, some have grandchildren. One of the women passed in 2005. That's all I really care to say."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    I always wonder what happened to Carl Holmes of Carl Holmes & The Commandos. They had a song called "Hey It's Love" back by "It's Been A Long Time." I could never find any information on him or the group when searching.
    Mr. June, I used to follow them around back in the day. The correct name was Carl Holmes and the Commanders who later changed the name to the Sherlock Holmes Experience or something like that. I came across his niece about 10 years ago and she said he had arthritis in his hands and was no longer playing the guitar. At one point he had a girl in his band that looked and sounded just like James Brown! Seriously! Besides the band that McFadden & Whitehead had, Carl Holmes was #2 in my book! [[Those where the days when you had live bands in the clubs!)

Thanks Nosey. That was interesting indeed. I'll bet you could write a book on the folks you know or known.

Ruth Copeland

New here but have been viewing for ages. Here's my non-profit site for Ruth Copeland [[another one who vanished)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruth-...45282905542806

@ Sunshineonacloudyday!

Another artist I've wondered about is Sugar Pie DeSanto, who a few years back tragically lost her husband when her home burned down in Oakland, CA.
    She's alive and well and does an occasional performance in her residential city Oakland Califorinia........

Kdub

Quote Originally Posted by heikki View Post
    Hi Tallone!

All the artists that you listed are still performing, and some of them even had or will have CDs released - Jeffrey, Dionne and Bobby, at least.

Best regards
    Heikki
    Heard Jeffrey O.'s in 2018. He hasn't missed step! Or beat, for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Ric E. View Post
    Love Cool Million!

Didn't see Tevin Campbell listed anywhere on this thread. He'd already vanished when it was first posted in 2011. Also, haven't seen or heard anything from Pauli Carman of Champaign [[or from Champaign, for that matter).

Irene Cara.

I know, I recall once while researching her, about a decade or over ago, on her website read she founded a young group called "Hot Caramel" or so, but it is quite evidently plain as day that that was a side project that no one bought.

Which my opinion, quite a shame, because from her rocking "Hot Lunch Jam", adorable "Anyone Can See", bombastic "The Dream", drifting high from "What A Feeling", to over the top "Girlfriends", she shoulda, my opinion, been a Whitney Houston-level star. But instead, to the majority public, two-time hit wonder, then completely disappeared after the mid-late eighties.

Not even an occassional "I'm still around" new album, like Lionel Richie, O'Jays, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Isley Brothers, Temptations, and Chaka Khan does.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 07-07-2019 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Irene Cara.

I know, I recall once while researching her, about a decade or over ago, on her website read she founded a young group called "Hot Caramel" or so, but it is quite evidently plain as day that that was a side project that no one bought.

Which my opinion, quite a shame, because from her rocking "Hot Lunch Jam", adorable "Anyone Can See", bombastic "The Dream", drifting high from "What A Feeling", to over the top "Girlfriends", she shoulda, my opinion, been a Whitney Houston-level star. But instead, to the majority public, two-time hit wonder, then completely disappeared after the mid-late eighties.

Not even an occassional "I'm still around" new album, like Lionel Richie, O'Jays, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Isley Brothers, Temptations, and Chaka Khan does.
    https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/irenecarahotcaramel
    I have this CD. Pretty good. Too bad this group didn't take off.