[REMOVE ADS]

Never saw this before...Anyone?

This was released in the UK shortly before or after Jean left

This isn't a British release. It's Dutch. From 1972. Nice cover picture.

Album and label images and track listing on discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Supremes...elease/1898837

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Mary looks amazing in this photo! Wow!

Wasn't this a uk hits album cover art

the discogs listing says 1970 ..Nathan Jones, Floy Joy and some of the other tracks weren't even recorded in 1970 or 1971

oh yeah I have seen this before.

Pete Felleman [[17 may 1921 - 16 February 2000) was an early Jazz buff. In 1947 he presented "Swing & Sweet, from Hollywood & 52nd Street" for VARA-radio, becoming the first dutch disk jockey. His great knowledge, perfectionism and deep growling "Wolfman Jack"-like voice made him unforgettable. He started working in the record business in 1953. In 1960 he was hired by Artone to set up their Funckler sub-label . He acquired the rights to a host of upcoming American labels, like Chess and Motown. Starting in 1962 Artone began releasing them with the famous photo sleeves. By doing so Felleman created a legacy, and records now sought after by collectors world wide. On the LP market the great Chess International Blues Series was compiled by him. His greatest success however was the rise of Motown. By the late sixties Motown got too big for Artone and moved with Felleman and all the old stock to the Bovema division. Felleman became Motown label manager for Holland and Coordinator Motown for Europe until 1978.

Much nicer album cover [[couldabeen) than some of their early 70s actual covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    the discogs listing says 1970 ..Nathan Jones, Floy Joy and some of the other tracks weren't even recorded in 1970 or 1971
    I noticed that obvious error, also.

I chose that link because it displayed images for the back cover and record labels. I got to that link from this one which shows four links for the album, one from Sweden.

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=Th...Tops+&type=all

One link does indicate 1972, which seems more likely. However, I could not find any dates on the album covers or record labels at any of the four links.

Another link shows an orange Tamla-Motown label, which is also from The Nerherlands. When you scroll down from track listings there is often other album details regarding credits, country of release, number of versions and discrepancies among versions, and other miscellaneous information. I think discogs is like Wikipedia in that in relies on user input, to some degree.

Funny, I just bought this very same album last month and it arrived a couple of weeks ago from overseas. I have always loved the photo featured on the cover of this compilation