[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    A Love Like Yours - Kim Weston

    I recently was listening to my KW Greatest Hits & Rare Classics. There was a song on there that I had forgotten about, A Love Like Yours. I checked and the earlier one was naturally by Martha & the Vandellas and Kim's was released about three years later.

    Kim did an outstanding job on A Love Like Yours. It is within striking distance of the Vandellas version. There are some other good characteristics about Kim's version.

    What do others think about this selection?

    Ironically, I also have her 2-CD set The Motown Anthology consisting of 48 songs, but A Love Like Yours is NOT included in this collection. I guess I did not fully appreciate Kim as I have other artists, but after listening to the Greatest Hits and Rare Classics, I changed my mind and am more and more convinced that they did not fully develop her into the superstar they could.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I recently was listening to my KW Greatest Hits & Rare Classics. There was a song on there that I had forgotten about, A Love Like Yours. I checked and the earlier one was naturally by Martha & the Vandellas and Kim's was released about three years later.

    Kim did an outstanding job on A Love Like Yours. It is within striking distance of the Vandellas version. There are some other good characteristics about Kim's version.

    What do others think about this selection?

    Ironically, I also have her 2-CD set The Motown Anthology consisting of 48 songs, but A Love Like Yours is NOT included in this collection. I guess I did not fully appreciate Kim as I have other artists, but after listening to the Greatest Hits and Rare Classics, I changed my mind and am more and more convinced that they did not fully develop her into the superstar they could.

    Kimís anthology was tracked to be complimentary to GHRC and where titles were duplicated, if you listen carefully, the versions are either alternate recordings or rather different mixes.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fatmaninthethirdrow View Post
    Kimís anthology was tracked to be complimentary to GHRC and where titles were duplicated, if you listen carefully, the versions are either alternate recordings or rather different mixes.
    You beat me to the punch FatMan

  4. #4
    there is a blistering version by Ike and Tina Turner at Carnegie Hall in '71 on the live LP What You Hear Is What You Get

  5. #5
    Hi!

    An excellent version by Phil Spector and Ike & Tina Turner:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axCYkOnptv8

    Best regards
    Heikki

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    there is a blistering version by Ike and Tina Turner at Carnegie Hall in '71 on the live LP What You Hear Is What You Get


  7. #7
    up...that's the version! I love that LP....I & T made great music for many years, til he got too fogged out on the coke..I like this version better than the earlier 2...there is the Spector version and a earlier live one....thanks for posting here,,,may pick up some new fans....if they have the patience to get thru the long acapella.

  8. #8
    The Ike & Tina / Phil Spector version does it best for me. How nice if he'd produced some Motown acts (Marvs, Velvs maybe) - but he'd have probably had Motown dancing the screw before long.

  9. #9
    I prefer Motown over Spector....too much going on and sounds muddy a lot (but not all) of the time to me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.