[REMOVE ADS]

Things Are Changing

So the "Wall of Sound" thread reminded me of the one-time Philles/Motown "collaboration" with the Supremes for "Things Are Changing." This one song seems to be shrouded in a bit of murky history, but it seems the Supremes recorded this around the time of their 1965 Copa debut but never made its way around the radio stations as was intended. The article below provides some interesting backstory on the song, but admits to a lack of clarity on how the Supremes got involved in the project and if the Supremes had any sort of contact with the infamous Phil Spector.

I can't say that I agree with the review of the song, though. I've always loved the production, the arrangement, and in particular the girls' crystal-clear, tight-knot harmonies. They soar [[Florence, in particular) on the refrain and prove that, as supper club superstars, they could still tackle rock-and-roll material produced by the teen-targeted Philles label.

I'd be interested to see if anyone has any further information regarding the Supremes' involvement with this production. I have a 45 copy of the Blossoms' version of this song but have never been able to find a copy of the Supremes' anywhere online.

https://motownjunkies.co.uk/2013/08/07/633/

Well today's your lucky day....I've seen them showing up on Ebay lately. Seller's description said he found four copies in the same collection. No sleeve, but if you want the disc, you can get one.
    Darin

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Supreme...4/193767370349