[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: R.I.P Miss Ray

R.I.P Miss Ray

I'm very surprised nobody on the Forum paid hommage to Miss Ray who passed away on November 11th 2016 ... Her book was a real pleasure to read and full of information on the beginnings of Motown.
    Last edited by A-Motowner-Forever; 11-22-2020 at 02:25 PM.

I had no idea that she had passed. Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Motowner-Forever View Post
    I'm very surprised nobody on the Forum paid hommage to Miss Ray who passed away on November 11th 2016 ... Her book was a real pleasure to read and full of information on the beginnings of Motown.
    Welcome to the forum, A-Motowner-Forever. There was a thread on Miss Ray's passing in 2016, see the following link:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...-Raynoma-Gordy

Her integral role in Motown's beginnings is often overlooked and sadly not given sufficient credit. Rest in peace, Miss Ray.

I clearly remember a thread on Miss Ray's passing. You can't get anything past all of the great Motown fans.

And Miss Ray is also mentioned on the anniversary of her Birthday, March 8th, along with other notable people born on that date, on my 'Birthday' thread.

As the thread averages over 1,000 views each day, Miss Ray is still being remembered on Soulful Detroit.

She truly was one of the real unsung heroes of Motown. Early on, she was involved with production and a big part in creating the Motown sound. Next to “dream girls,“ hers is also in my opinion the best book about Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Welcome to the forum, A-Motowner-Forever. There was a thread on Miss Ray's passing in 2016, see the following link:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...-Raynoma-Gordy

Her integral role in Motown's beginnings is often overlooked and sadly not given sufficient credit. Rest in peace, Miss Ray.
    The first edition of her book is one of the few factual books about Motown.

The whole unexpurgated story will never come out while any of the main players still draw breath.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmaninthethirdrow View Post
    The first edition of her book is one of the few factual books about Motown.

The whole unexpurgated story will never come out while any of the main players still draw breath.
    I still rate Miss Ray's book as the best Motown biography I've read.