[REMOVE ADS]

New Jobete Discovery: Mr Bo & His Blue Beats: Diamond Jim 8797 1968

How did this ever become a Jobete record? & how did Jim Riley come to allow that to happen as there was no love lost between J.R. & Berry Gordy.

Sorry its Mr Bo & His Blues Boy's

Now also added to DFTMC

Attachment 18420
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 11-21-2020 at 06:03 AM. Reason: error

Has DFTMC been updated? It is still showing 2018 edition.

Keith [[Hughes) wasn't to well last year, he's a lot better now, but has a bit of backlog to catch up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jarvis View Post
    How did this ever become a Jobete record? & how did Jim Riley come to allow that to happen as there was no love lost between J.R. & Berry Gordy.

Sorry its Mr Bo & His Blues Boy's

Now also added to DFTMC

Attachment 18420
    Very interesting find! I looked up Mr. Bo & The Blues Boys at Discogs and they released 4 singles and "Baby Your Hair Looks Bad" is the only song published by Jobete. I'm going to take a guess that this was a way to pay off money that Jim Riley owed Berry Gordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Very interesting find! I looked up Mr. Bo & The Blues Boys at Discogs and they released 4 singles and "Baby Your Hair Looks Bad" is the only song published by Jobete. I'm going to take a guess that this was a way to pay off money that Jim Riley owed Berry Gordy.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  21.1 KB
    That seems to be a reasonable possibility, given that it appears that Riley, himself, seems to have written the song.