[REMOVE ADS]

Embedding videos from You Tube etc

I tried to post a video the other day, on the funk thead, but for some reason it didn't work. I've done it plenty of times on my football, I believe you guys over there call it soccer, forums.

Does anyone have any ideas why it wouldn't work for me on the forum? When I've done it on other sites, it's simply been a case of clicking the embed tab, copying, then pasting, the URL, or whatever you call it.

pshark Guest
    What the hell, I was just about to post a thread on "Posting Videos" then I see your post.
    OK the html is not turned here so you wont be able to use the embedding code. So what
    you need to do is copy link [[not embed code) then click the Insert Video icon which
    is the second icon from the right above and then paste link and BAM! you've got your video

It worked.

Thanks for the info PShark. You're a star.

pshark Guest
    Well you know what they say

But yeah your timing was right on time. These weird coincidence happens
    to me a lot

Hi pshark: I take it one has to have an account with Youtube to do the embed thing.For the life of Reilly I can't seem to embed videos.I'm a caveman when it comes to pc stuff.Don't laugh but I don't know how to copy link for starters in this case.

Mikey, you still can put the [[YouTube) link. Personnally I think it's much more convenient.

When the clip is on the page you'll have to stay on this page to appreciate it, with just the link you can hear it when you're reading other threads.

Hi phil: Point taken.Thanks.

i like the way you comunicate. pshark that was funky.
    Phil if you click on the VDO, Youtube's portal opens and you can listen while surfing SDF for other thangs.

Very cool E. Kendricks Keep On Truckin real funky track.

click twice

Quote Originally Posted by ollie View Post
    click twice
    Thanks Ollie, I got it !!!

pshark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Hi pshark: I take it one has to have an account with Youtube to do the embed thing.For the life of Reilly I can't seem to embed videos.I'm a caveman when it comes to pc stuff.Don't laugh but I don't know how to copy link for starters in this case.
    Hey Mikey, no you don't have to be a member of youtube. In order for the embed code to work, the html has to be turned on in this site, and only the moderator can do this. So for now the only way is to paste link on Insert Video icon.
    Here's a simple instruction on how to copy & paste

You guys got some good taste in music

Thanks Pshark, now I know !

MR. RUFUS "AIN'T I'M CLEAN" THOMAS....LOL

Hi pshark: That "how to copy and paste" video is most helpful.Much thanks.