[REMOVE ADS]

Shirley Bassey 'The Girl From Tiger Bay'

The new lp has me all about Bassey these past few days. So I revisit. Seriously. I can't be the only one to get happy chills listening to this even 11 years later - Is this the best autobiographical song ever?

YES!!!! One of my all time favourite songs and one of DSB's very best!! "They dance away into the staaaaaars!!!" Love love love it. Lol. Happy chills is right Glad you love it too!

The entire album is really a masterpiece. "After the Rain" is another top favourite of mine. Absolutely gorgeous song.

The Performance might be my absolute favorite of hers. The songs bring out the best in her while maintaining a modern sound. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    The Performance might be my absolute favorite of hers. The songs bring out the best in her while maintaining a modern sound. Brilliant!
    Agree. The Performance for me is definitely her best work ever.. She pours every ounce of experience into those songs with her voice now darker and more expressive sounding then ever. She sounds completely at home in this new, contemporary setting.
    Not as crazy on the new album.