[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lol Ollie...the good ol' Ross kick to the groin.

She has certainly matured since then. Thanks again for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Upon returning to the stage she kicked a member of her band in the groin. [[Joke)
    But seriously, she did indeed return, but i was walking out of the complex at the time. I remember hearing the band strike up.
    She was panned by the press the next day, and made an apology saying she liked everything to be perfect. Hmmm.
    Hopefully she learnt from the experience lol.
    She does indeed like everything to be perfect, but this was seriously unprofessional behaviour. Perhaps she was under the weather that particular evening. There must have been a reason for such an outburst, but she usually leaves such behaviour in the dressing room.

Lynda says a lot of things, lol.

Were there any Supremes releases put out around RTL? Like a repackage of a greatest hits or anthology? I know the PINK SET came out in 2000, but I don't recall if that was to coincide with RTL or not.

The box set had just been released at the beginning of the tour ..I think April.
    The ultimate collection and 20th century masters had had also been released.
    I remember at the time billboard stated all the albums had all charted with sales of 2000. Copies each. But by the time the tour ended....so did the sales....as I recall

The pink box set was released in August of 2000 after the RTL cancellation. The Ultimate Collection came out in 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Didn't Lynda lawrence write a song called Return to love?? Thought it was going to be released and then it wasn't.
    Didn't nile rogers remix many Supremes songs for release in 2000.
    Think possibilities were there for several projects... If...
    It was Luther Vandross who was initially approached to potentially produce an album with the DMC line up. He composed a song called Return to love and other songs too by all accounts.. It was still a possibility with the DSL line up, but was quickly dismissed when the tour ended in disaster which sent an already very fragile Diana on a downward spiral. You all know how that ended and there is no need to dredge all that up again. Not sure where the idea that Lynda composed a song called Return to love came from. Maybe she did, but it must have been a different song to Luther's composition.

Blue rock.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    Lynda stated on the Flos web page...a while back.....she was being interviewed about RTL tour

Thanks Carlo.
    Your memory is better than mine...thought it was earlier but now....I think you are correct

Hindsight being a wonderful thing, l wonder how well the tour would have been received by public and media had in 99 Diana announced a solo world tour consisting entirely of Supremes songs. It perhaps could have been named “The Happening” and would trace the Supremes evolution from 61 to 69.

Hindsight being a wonderful thing, l wonder how well the tour would have been received by public and media had in 99 Diana announced a solo world tour consisting entirely of Supremes songs. It perhaps could have been named “The Happening” and would trace the Supremes evolution from 61 to 69.
    I think it might have pulled in some fans from the Supremes days and definitely the die-hards that stuck with her all the way. Most of those songs had only been done by Diana in medley form or not at all since 1970. So it probably would have been something really special.

it seems that was sort of the original concept. According to Randy's book, as Diana was starting to play tour options for 99 and 00, the promoters and her starting toying with the idea of having a section of the show focus on the Sup hits - full length versions of the songs and trying to more accurately replicate the sound of the songs too. The idea seemed to then evolve into actually structuring the show around this. Now what that means - i don't know exactly. would the show have been done in sort of a "this is your life" structure where she relived experiences and shared her story? would it be chronological? not sure

this is apparently though how the rumors got started about a reunion

and in a sense, that's what she's been doing since the later 00s. her show now is really a Greatest Hits live concept. while not chronological or set as a "story" her catalog is just so full of wonderful songs that she basically selects 90s mins or so of them and performs them live to thrilled audiences. i went to one in Atlanta 8 or 10 years ago. i was thrilled of course but even my friends had a ton of fun. we picniced ahead of time, it was at a big outdoor amphitheater. full house crowd. she had an amazing video screen in back of the set which had TONS of great video and photo footage playing. the whole audience sang along with wonderful songs they all knew and left very happy.

so she can pretty much, at this point, pick the dates of when she wants to go out and perform. go do a handful of gigs, have fun singing her fav tracks, and all are happy

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    and in a sense, that's what she's been doing since the later 00s. her show now is really a Greatest Hits live concept. while not chronological or set as a "story" her catalog is just so full of wonderful songs that she basically selects 90s mins or so of them and performs them live to thrilled audiences. i went to one in Atlanta 8 or 10 years ago. i was thrilled of course but even my friends had a ton of fun. we picniced ahead of time, it was at a big outdoor amphitheater. full house crowd. she had an amazing video screen in back of the set which had TONS of great video and photo footage playing. the whole audience sang along with wonderful songs they all knew and left very happy.

so she can pretty much, at this point, pick the dates of when she wants to go out and perform. go do a handful of gigs, have fun singing her fav tracks, and all are happy
    Her shows are still really great. The length has shortened but that's to be expected. The only complaint I ever leave with is that the audience stands throughout the entire show. I keep waiting for a ballad so I can get a rest. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    it seems that was sort of the original concept. According to Randy's book, as Diana was starting to play tour options for 99 and 00, the promoters and her starting toying with the idea of having a section of the show focus on the Sup hits - full length versions of the songs and trying to more accurately replicate the sound of the songs too. The idea seemed to then evolve into actually structuring the show around this. Now what that means - i don't know exactly. would the show have been done in sort of a "this is your life" structure where she relived experiences and shared her story? would it be chronological? not sure

this is apparently though how the rumors got started about a reunion
    I remember her talking about devoting a segment of the concert to Supremes songs.
    I was thinking more along the lines of a complete show featuring ONLY Supremes songs. Perhaps starting with “ I Want A Guy”. It would have been fantastic hearing her sing a couple of those pre “WDOLG songs. They could even have recreated The Copa Night Club, much the same way Streisand did with the Bon Soir. A far better idea then RTL ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Her shows are still really great. The length has shortened but that's to be expected. The only complaint I ever leave with is that the audience stands throughout the entire show. I keep waiting for a ballad so I can get a rest. :-)
    I get your point, Reese about standing - but the standing just reflects the joy and excitement that Diana brings to her shows. It's always fun to hear a nearby show attender exclaiming at some point 'I've never seen Diana before - she's fantastic!'

I never saw Diana live. Or Mary for that fact. I always said that if I couldn't see the original Supremes, then I don't care to see them individually. If Diana included some rarities in her show like Nothing But Heartaches or Love Is Here or Mother Dear, I'd probably make an exception.