[REMOVE ADS]

Some reissues for Marvin Gaye.

Three albums of Marvin Gaye in Deluxe double CD version already released in 2001 are reissued this month in Japan in SHM-CD format.

They are I Want You, Let's Get It On and What's Going On.

The covers are in paper imitating the LP versions.

Name:  iwyshm.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  lgioshmc.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  84.5 KB

Name:  wgoshm.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  88.2 KB

Note that Le Live at Montreux 1980 will be reissued on CD and Vinyl on December 4th.

Name:  livemontreux.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  21.1 KB

Available from usual vendors.

That's interesting [[though I have them already) as I thought they'd given up on the mini-LP format of late.

I have so many copies of these albums in three formats, i'm not going to bother.

Same here for the first 3 albums, I have 'em already. I never heard of the "Live in Montreux 1980" before, but I see that it was previously issued as a dvd. Anyone here have the dvd? Do you like it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvin-Gaye...sr=1-3-catcorr
    Last edited by calvin; 11-07-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Hi Calvin. Yes I have the DVD and I would recommend it, a good performance and good live track list , 18 songs [[ few in medley form)
    Got to give it up, funky space reincarnation, come get to this, let's get it on, after the dance, if this world was mine, ain't no mountain, ain't nothing like the real thing, how sweet it is , ain't that peculiar, I'll be doggone, heard it through the grapevine, trouble man, distant lover, inner city blues, mercy mercy me, what's going on. This was filmed in 1980, Marvin is on form too.
    Wish they would release a similar DVD of the Supremes 1977 from Montreaux [[ I know you can see it on you tube ) I would buy a copy

Hi Dickiemint, thanks for responding. Maybe I will pick it up, though I usually prefer the studio recordings over live performances [[and I hate the rapid-fire medleys covering a bunch of hit songs). If I do, I would prefer the dvd over the cd.