[REMOVE ADS]

Drake Surpasses Aretha & Stevie on R & B Chart

Interesting. I don't doubt this as fact, but I have to admit I don't know a single Drake song. I wonder if his songs are known quantities in the way that Aretha and Stevie big hits were and are?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Interesting. I don't doubt this as fact, but I have to admit I don't know a single Drake song. I wonder if his songs are known quantities in the way that Aretha and Stevie big hits were and are?
    Exactly what I could say.

But I think his songs are very well known - just not by us.

I never ever heard his name mentioned ever. I tried to listen to the link in the beginning but it is not available outside of Canada. So, I guess I am out of luck.

This is all about some members of the current generation trying to pick a fight and insult
    and discredit their elders. They can keep using the titles and company names of the previous yardstick carriers but everyone knows the whole music game has changed, more
    artifice than art and today's so-called R&B is nothing like the musicianship that poured out
    of the 50's, 60's, 70's even early thru mid 80's. I know who Drake is, know his music. I
    just don't buy or listen to it....

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I never ever heard his name mentioned ever. I tried to listen to the link in the beginning but it is not available outside of Canada. So, I guess I am out of luck.
    You may remember him as an actor on the TV show deGrassi: The Next Generation under his "government name," Aubrey Graham. He's also the nephew of Larry Graham.

I know the current music scene would classify him as R&B, but I definitely do not.

Carlo & Splanky hit the nail on the head!!
    Like one very smart person said: "It's got a good beat, but can I dance to it?!" R&B/Soul Drake is not. Perhaps he should do a de Grassi sequel instead.