[REMOVE ADS]

Answer this 106!

What motown album has a an artist on the cover,who has nothing to do with the songs on it?

Pamela Grier, Foxy Brown?

THIS OLD HEART OF MINE - The Isley Brothers

The Supremes: Floy Joy
    Lynda Lawrence is pictured but is not on any of the songs.

The Return of the Marvelettes - The Marvelettes

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    The Return of the Marvelettes - The Marvelettes
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  21.1 KB
    THIS answer is correct!

THIS OLD HEART OF MINE - The Isley Brothers
Views: 428
    What Motown album has a an artist on the cover,who has nothing to do with the songs on it?
    Who on that cover is a Motown singing artist?

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    What Motown album has a an artist on the cover,who has nothing to do with the songs on it?
    Didn't The Return of the Marvelettes have a Marvelette on it? I always thought Wanda was on the cover...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Didn't The Return of the Marvelettes have a Marvelette on it? I always thought Wanda was on the cover...
Views: 415
    Yes. Wanda was the only one whose face was shown clearly. But, it's likely that the other two women did NOT sing on any of the LPs recordings, unless they were two of The Andantes [[and I don't think they were).

If we don't know who the other women on the cover of "Return of The Marvelettes" are, how do we know that they are "artists"?

I like luckyluckyme's answer - Lynda Laurence was brought in to replace Cindy Birdsong after "Floy Joy" was recorded, but it's Lynda on the cover, not Cindy.
    Last edited by calvin; 11-03-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    If we don't know who the other women on the cover of "Return of The Marvelettes" are, how do we know that they are "artists"?

I like luckyluckyme's answer - Lynda Laurence was brought in to replace Cindy Birdsong after "Floy Joy" was recorded, but it's Lynda on the cover, not Cindy.
    On Facebook some time back, one of the female members of the Undisputed Truth said that she was one of the women who posed alongside Wanda for the cover. She even revealed that the horses were fake.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    On Facebook some time back, one of the female members of the Undisputed Truth said that she was one of the women who posed alongside Wanda for the cover. She even revealed that the horses were fake.
    Yes, that could be. From Wikipedia:

"The record's cover instead featured a new picture of Young and two fake Marvelettes [[reportedly Billie Rae Calvin and Brenda Joyce Evans of The Undisputed Truth)."

If that report is right, then there would be more than one correct answer to this question.
    Last edited by calvin; 11-03-2020 at 10:20 AM.

On "Return of the Marvelettes" "Uptown" IS The Marvelettes.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Isn't it Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee?

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    Yes, that could be. From Wikipedia:

"The record's cover instead featured a new picture of Young and two fake Marvelettes [[reportedly Billie Rae Calvin and Brenda Joyce Evans of The Undisputed Truth)."

If that report is right, then there would be more than one correct answer to this question.
    I found the Facebook quote from Brenda Evans of the Undisputed Truth in another thread.

"Yes Billie and I thought we were scheduled to do session background work that day. We didn't have a clue what was happening. We wasn't told anything about the Marvelettes. We were put on two fake horses incognito. Motown at that time didn't tell us what was going on. I had forgot we did that Photo for a couple of decades."

Isn't it Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee?
    I like your guess best of all

It`s Donald and Melania.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa,wow good stuff gang,but i was refering to the miracles[1970]christmas lp,with wanda rodgers on the cover,of course she was married to booby rodgers at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaa,wow good stuff gang,but i was refering to the miracles[1970]christmas lp,with wanda rodgers on the cover,of course she was married to booby rodgers at the time.
    That's a brilliant answer